Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Are Full Congestion Charge zones included in Map V652.1185
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Are Full Congestion Charge zones included in Map V652.1185

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jg213
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Are Full Congestion Charge zones included in Map V652.1185 Reply with quote

1) I have recentely brought a TomTom and just wanted to know if all the congestion charge zones are included on the map version I have

and

2) if they are warned of when planning a journey. (I have had 'toll road warnings' and know these apply to some congestion charge zones & toll roads)

I live in North London I have planned a route to go to Deptford, South London, the TomTom does'nt mention anything about Toll roads when planning the Journey but I sure i remember seein congestion charge signs and the big 'C's on the ground which are usually for for CC zone while driving near to bricklane/algate station (luckily,i think! it was outside of CC hours). The route that it planned end up being through shorditch, then passed algate station and then accross Tower bridge (is this not in congestion charge zone??)

app 6.501
map western europ v652.1185
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and yes. Aldgate station is in the zone but Brick Lane and Aldgate East are outside it, but there are warnings on the road that you are, or may be, heading towards the zone. Tower Bridge and Vauxhall Bridge are not in the zone but all the bridges in between them are. The rough boundary on the east side of the zone is A501 City Road, A1202 Great Eastern Road/Commercial Street, A100 Tower Bridge Road. Travelling on these roads doesn't put you into the zone, but turning into the city from them probably does.
jg213
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help and putting my mind at ease. Glad to know that all the CC Zone are in the maps and warned of.

At least i now can be more confident that a fine will not drop through my letter box if I dont pay the CC if I take the TomTom directions during the day in areas near to the CC, I'll just have to make sure i dont wonder of trk.Laughing Out Loud which is hard 2 do with a TomTom anyway :D
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd just use that as an excuse, not to go to Deptford Confused

Laughing
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
jg213
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw an advert today saying that the CC Zones will be extended from 19 February 2007

How will the extension to the CC zone be handled by TomTom? Will they give us a FREE update or will we need to buy upgraped maps ? if so, will I have to end up paying more for the upgrade due to having the west european maps ?? (I hope not)

Crying or Very sad I just brought my TomTom this month so that would mean if the 'Toll Charges' is not updated free by TomTom, the toll charge information on there will only be correct for 4 months of use Sad ....
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the zone gets extended west - it will be so big it will be impossible to avoid so the toll prefernces won't matter.Crying or Very sad

there was talk of Park Lane being a free route through the middle of the extended area - not sure if they are doing that now...

£8 a day is a bloody rip off Crying or Very sad but wait for 2010 and £25 a day charges for bigger cars Confused
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congestion charge zone is included here http://www.tomtomfree.com/ plus many others.
tgold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iancjc wrote:
there was talk of Park Lane being a free route through the middle of the extended area - not sure if they are doing that now...
The use of the N/S route of Vauxhall Bridge via Hyde Park Corner, Park Lane, Marble Arch to Edgeware Road and the E/W route along Westway were always intended to be exempt from Congestion Charges and their use remains exempt in the final plan.
Tony
jg213
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iancjc wrote:
when the zone gets extended west - it will be so big it will be impossible to avoid so the toll prefernces won't matter.Crying or Very sad

£8 a day is a bloody rip off Crying or Very sad but wait for 2010 and £25 a day charges for bigger cars Confused

yeah, but I would like to be aware that I'm going into a CC charging zone, then I can be prepared to pay or plan my journeys out of the CC hours if I wanted.

These are my main questions.....

1)Will we get FREE updates for the CC extension ?

or will we have to wait for new maps and buy them as a upgrade (if so I personally think that its a rip off that the "Toll Road" info was only valid for 4 months Sad )
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CC data is part of the mapdata supplied by either TeleAtlas or NAVTEQ and as it will be new data, it will more than likely be charged for.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg213 wrote:
(if so I personally think that its a rip off that the "Toll Road" info was only valid for 4 months Sad )

How can it be a "rip off"? Extending the congestion zone has nothing to do with TomTom or TeleAtlas. It's not their fault, is it.
jg213
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very RIGHT, it isnt there fault. I just feel a little bit cheated having valid toll zones for 4 months, even though it has nothing to do with TomTom I wish they would give us a FREE update of just The extra CC Toll Roads by download or something.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: