Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Forum Traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalavar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Forum Traffic Reply with quote

I can only think of 2 reasons why this forum doesn't get much traffic, not very many people use the software or there aren't that many problems with it. Which one is it?

I recently purchased it and am pretty pleased with it so far, only complaint I have is the small keyboard for entering in address information.
mkss55442
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the few posts here you'll see there are a some problems. My biggest complaint is the really poor dynamic re-routing problem with long routes. It makes the software pretty useless unless you stop to let the software catch up to where you are. My other complaint is the excessive use "go straight" (actually it's been so long since I've used the software I can't remember the exact phrase). It's something like "in .2 miles go straight". Why say it when I'm on a straight road and have been for some time? I've basically moved to Mapopolis because there appears to be a lack of interest on Space Machine's part to make significant improvements to the software.
dalavar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read them before I purchased it and it looked pretty much like they changed almost everything people were complaining about except for the low volume and reroute issue, I have a mount with a speaker I wasn't too worried about the low volume.

The longest trip I have taken so far has been 45 miles so I can't comment on the time it takes to reroute for longer trips, but it did fine with this route. Currently using 3.12

I have had it tell me to go straight when I actually needed to take an exit to another freeway today though.

One of the reasons I purchased it was it seemed they were responding pretty good to user feedback. I hope that I can make a few suggestions and get the program to be even better.

I like the map views that it has, finally a 3D view I don't hate. And the ability to change the fonts is great.

A friend has iGuidance and I have been in the car with it running, I like it too but it also has issues and with nowhere to now discuss them before buying the program, I'm not willing to shell out the money for a program that shuts out the user community.
mumbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the software in my sales territories of California, Nevada, Arizona and Colorado. I have found it to work very well with the exception of requesting the county.

When I'm in an unknown place I have no idea what county the destination is in. Sometimes the street will not appear in the other counties, so why does it even present them.

AS for the low volume, I either use headphones (just the left one) or an FM transmitter like the kind for iPod's.

Pocketmap has been very quiet. I would like to know when the next release is due or if the code is in sunset mode. I would be willing to pay for a significant upgrade, but if none is planned I'd like to know so I keep waiting.

=M
Gerco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I found an interesting box (FastMute) which make it possible to connect ANY PDA to your car speakers(stereo).
No special radio required.
The box has a Mute-Generator (VOX) implemented.
In the moment (5ms later) the internal car speakers are switched off and the PDA sound comes amplified (9W Sin) to your car speakers.
There is only one 2 wire connection, from the ear phone jack to that box.
2 sec after the PDA sound has finished the speaker will be switched back (fall back) to your radio.
If you have a DIN loudspeaker connector just remove connectors from your radio and plug this box in between, connect to earphone output and power it, thats all.

Add On implemented for PDA MP3 users.
Autodetect for music. If the box is detecting music the fall back time will now be changed from 2s to now 15s. So no low volume music will cause any jitter in switching.

You can find this box here
http://www.fastmute.de/
The only problem is, that all informations are in German.
If there is some interest, I can translate the main items

Gerco
TK680
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email to PMN sales and was told they should have an updated software out in December or January. So I am waiting to see if they actually do. I like PMN and would like to stay with it, but I need newer maps and I would like to have faster address lookup. I too would like to get rid of the county thing because I travel in states I have no idea what county the destination is in and that causes problems if you don't have an internet connection to look it up.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: