Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 310 changing distance
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 310 changing distance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgthomas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 310 changing distance Reply with quote

Hello

Been reading this site all day and cant wait to get home to have a play with my 310 which came yesterday.

One thing I noticed is it says "in 200 feet turn right". Is there are anyway in changing feet into yards? I did have a good but couldn't find anything.

I have not yet updated any firewire or software from the factory presets.

Any help is useful.

BTW PGPSW I will be signing up/buying the traffic cameras when I get home :D
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the final warning is always given in that format, and the distance can't be changed.

It's best to take a backup of all the files on the Nuvi, then download the latest firmware manually from the Garmin website and apply this directly, and then use WebUpdater (from Garmin) to update any remaining minor firmware updates.

The backup is to cover any corruption, or lost files during the firmware update, as there are certain files that if you lose them the only option is to return the unit to Garmin for a refresh.

The manual firmware update is to handle a risk of the download from WebUpdater not fully downloading and the update still being applied to the unit. The manual firmware file is compressed, so won't extract unless complete.

However, if any of this scares you, leave well alone until you feel more comfortable about firmware updates.
mrgthomas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for your reply Swing.

So what you are saying is that If I do a manual download of new version of firmwire it will display yards/miles then ??

Just reading through the 42 pages of TMS problems Confused
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuvi 310 changing distance Reply with quote

mrgthomas wrote:
One thing I noticed is it says "in 200 feet turn right". Is there are anyway in changing feet into yards?

I don't think you can do it. But you are not alone, I certainly think yards would be a better unit to use than feet.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgthomas wrote:
So what you are saying is that If I do a manual download of new version of firmwire it will display yards/miles then ??
No, I'm saying it won't change, and it's not configurable. The details on the firmware update was answering your second comment about not having applied any firmware updates yet, and I was simply providing more details on how best to apply a firmware update.

Quote:
Just reading through the 42 pages of TMS problems Confused
I can summarise it in a couple of lines - the original 6017 car charging cable was the source of TMC problems (not receiving traffic at all) - the new 6025 (and other) cables have fixed this problem, but the service is still variable up and down the country.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: