Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot live Pocket PC6 problem...can anyone help?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot live Pocket PC6 problem...can anyone help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrol22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: CoPilot live Pocket PC6 problem...can anyone help? Reply with quote

I’ve just bought a brand new Asus MyPal 636N bundled with Copilot Live 6. I did have copilot running for a while but then tried to copy it to another SD card using a drag and drop approach. I was advised that this was OK by the place I bought the kit – or at least that’s what I understood the sales person to say was OK.. Obviously something is wrong as I now cannot get Copilot Live to load at all….tried reinstalling and this doesn’t work either. Auto exe didn’t work – so tried the autorun in 2577…still doesn’t work. I get the message ‘Installation of copilot wm5ppc.cab was unsuccessful’ ...and it just stays in a loop back to "To complete you CoPilot install, tap the \'autorun\' program located on your storage card in the folder 2577" …………….HELP please. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you have show hidden files selected in the sd cards properties on the pc

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Patrol22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Alix776 and being a bit of a computer numpty I don't know how to do that. But I'm guessing that the original load of Copilot also put some files into the main memory of the PDA but I can seem to find anything....I will try ringing Copilot (or rather Traveroute here in Australia) tomorrow (monday) to try and sort this out. That said, any help from you or other on the forum would be appreciated.
Thanks again
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look through the tomtom go forum as the proceedure is similar for copying

put the sd card in the sd reader and open it to veiw files

in the window select tools then folder options and make sure there is a check next to show hidden files

now copy the files to a folder on the pc then put the new sd card in and copy and paste to the new sd card

then select

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Patrol22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again...but before I cock this up all together I think I should talk to the CoPilot people. I have been reading other problems people have been having with this particular piece of kit and it seems that there are some quaint files that are designed to provide a single use licence only...apparently you have to deactivate before you can reload or load to another card...and this is where I made a grave error...now the whole shebang appears to be corrupt. I'll post the outcome when I resolve it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: