Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tom tom 510 speed camera new please help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tom tom 510 speed camera new please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmackie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: tom tom 510 speed camera new please help Reply with quote

please help iam really a virgin at all this the forum and playing with the tom tom 510 i have just paid the £19 to become a member for a year but for the life of me i cant find the correct speed camera update to down load can anyone help an idiot out i could also do with some step by step instructions please if anyone can id be grateful please if possible email me direct as i probably wont find this again thanks in advance pete
Edit once to remove e-mail addr at users request - MikeAlder
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: tom tom 510 speed camera new please help Reply with quote

madmackie wrote:
please help iam really a virgin at all this the forum and playing with the tom tom 510 i have just paid the £19 to become a member for a year but for the life of me i cant find the correct speed camera update to down load can anyone help an idiot out i could also do with some step by step instructions please if anyone can id be grateful please if possible email me direct as i probably wont find this again thanks in advance pete Edit once to remove e-mail addr at users request - MikeAlder
Welcome to the forums!
I know a lot of people are posting this type of request, but, if you can't be bothered coming back to check for replies to your post, I think that asking for a PM would by better than posting your email address in plain text. I'll be surprised if you don't end up getting a load of spam. If you really want to post your address, I'd suggest something like "madmackie at talktalk dot net" but I think you'll find the bots can handle that type of thing. Something like "madmackie at talk_takethisout_talk dot net" might be better.

Anyway, back to you're original question! If you look at the bright red text to the left , you'll see
Quote:
Help

Registration
Subscription
Speed Cameras
If you click on the Speed Cameras , then choose "Speed Camera Installation Guides and Forums", then under the Camera Help Guides heading, click on "TomTom GO". Once you've read the guide, please feel free to return and ask further questions.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
madmackie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for being naive but as i say im new to this so maybe i was wrong to post my email address as i say im new i have read the points you have said i have got as far as dowloading the file copying them and pasteing them into the appropiate folder only when i re boot the unit there are no speed cameras there at all. if i restore toe unit then the originals re appear. i have had some one email me with the instructions for a 910 and he seems to think the file i downloaded is correct but cant understand why when the unit is powered back up nothing is there not even the ones on the original tom tom card im totally lost have added voices 1 gig card splash screens but for some reason cant get speed cameras on please help !! and sorry for being a fool and thanks in advance
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you set them up with Warn When Near?

If not, have a read of THIS.

Just ignore the section on Text To Speech.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
madmackie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have set them yp as per the guide as to warn when near but im still having the same problem .. any more suggestions thanks pete
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell us what Files (OV2 and BMP) you have in the Map Folder?

Use Windows Explorer to Browse the SD Card.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
madmackie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only have the standard tom tom as for some reason it wont allow me to copy and paste any of the pocket gps files over ( ie 48 filesand bmp ) hopefully Mike A can sort it out but if anyone has any suggestion as to why it wont let me copy the file pleasse let me know thanks again pete
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem resolved, Extracting POI's from the download rather than trying to drag them accross to the device, although I showed Pete a few other tricks and set-up the camera warnings using the ogg file method - Mike
madmackie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thanks Mike Alder for his time and effort the problem i had he hadnt seen before but he took the trouble to come to my house ( 30 mins drive ) and managed to get it set up 10/10 mike thanks a lot
BlueBox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmackie wrote:
I would like to thanks Mike Alder for his time and effort the problem i had he hadnt seen before but he took the trouble to come to my house ( 30 mins drive ) and managed to get it set up 10/10 mike thanks a lot

Lucky you i having problem understanding how up load the camera on my TTOne V2 Embarassed
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueBox if you detail the problem we should be able to sort out where you are having trouble - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: