Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Why no cordinate display?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Why no cordinate display?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ffrr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Why no cordinate display? Reply with quote

Maybe I missed it, but it just occurred to me that the i3 doesn't display your latitude and longtitude (and elevation). Strange that such a primary piece of info is not obtainable from it.
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont need that info cos the i3 is designed for road navigation..if you want lat/long you need a handheld , something like a 60cx etc...
ffrr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
dont need that info cos the i3 is designed for road navigation..if you want lat/long you need a handheld , something like a 60cx etc...

Oh I fully appreciate that, but, it would be a feature that would be a snap for them to add, that's all...
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but then we get to the age old argument of extras and paying more.

it'd be a snap for ford to have added aircon to my car when they made it - unfortunately this was only available in the higher models...

sorry to be awkward bu if you want extra features you gotta spend extra £$€'s - try a nice nuvi Smile

MaFt
Andy31370
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right in thinking that, if you save a custom point on the i3 by holding down the wheel and saving your current location, then using the EasyGPS software you can get the Longitude, Latitude and Elevation from that ?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy31370 wrote:
Am I right in thinking that, if you save a custom point on the i3 by holding down the wheel and saving your current location, then using the EasyGPS software you can get the Longitude, Latitude and Elevation from that ?

yes,you can but not elevation AFAIK

MaFt
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Andy31370 wrote:

yes,you can but not elevation AFAIK

MaFt

You do get elevation in EasyGPS when you have manually saved a location by holding the wheel down. Not checked them, but seems pretty accurate
ffrr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
but then we get to the age old argument of extras and paying more.

it'd be a snap for ford to have added aircon to my car when they made it - unfortunately this was only available in the higher models...

sorry to be awkward bu if you want extra features you gotta spend extra £$€'s - try a nice nuvi Smile

MaFt

OK, maybe it's my understanding of how a GPS navigator works that is wrong, but I thought it had to first work out the coordinates from the satellites, then look them up on the map, in order to tell you where you were. Now that means that it already has the coordinates evaluated, so it is only the minor cost of making them visible that I am asking for, not a whole aircon Smile
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ffrr wrote:

OK, maybe it's my understanding of how a GPS navigator works that is wrong, but I thought it had to first work out the coordinates from the satellites, then look them up on the map, in order to tell you where you were. Now that means that it already has the coordinates evaluated, so it is only the minor cost of making them visible that I am asking for, not a whole aircon Smile

ok, so it wasn't the best example... however, i'm sure there are aircon units in the ford factory and they just didn't make them visible Wink Laughing

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: