Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Buying TomTom Navigator 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying TomTom Navigator 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planner2 wrote:
Alix776 - On ebay you can 'Buy it now' TT6 which contains the software, SD card, Wireless Bluetooth GPS Receiver, Car charger, A/C adapter, Installation poster, User manual CD, Quick start guide for £135 without the Wireless Bluetooth GPS Receiver is £67 and all seem to be the original packing. Are you saying that this could be Illegal because I am thinking of getting this? If so, why do you believe this? Have you personally experienced this or is it hearsay? Appreicated any inforamtion that you can provide?

It may well be perfectly legit, but if you spend some time on these forums you will realise that the vast majority of software on ebay is illegally copied. The advice is basically to buy from anywhere except ebay.

We get people on these forums almost on a daily basis saying "I bought TomTom from ebay and it doesn't work, please help".
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was once ‘taken for a ride’ on ebay. About two years ago I had a rush of blood to my head and decided to purchase a genuine Windows XP from ebay. I paid my money for the ‘genuine’ Windows XP and when I opened the package I feared that I had been had. My fears were justified when I tried to register the software. Since that incident I have purchased many things off of Ebay and been well satisfied but I would never buy software from there again.

My son has brought Microsoft Office and Photoshop from the site and both were genuine, but one can never be sure until one opens the package. Remember, Its easy to part with one’s money but very difficult to get the money back when things go wrong.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the persons feedback selling on ebay and they have a large feedback and nearly all positive and they state the article is genuine then it is quite likely to be. Someone relatively new or with only a few transactions would be far more suspicious.

People who have a large positive feedback have only obtained this by genuine transactions and would be very unlikely to spoil this by one dodgy transaction.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: