Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOM TOM ONE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOM TOM ONE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEILH6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: TOM TOM ONE Reply with quote

NEW MEMBER, TOMTOM ONE. COPIED FILES OK I THINK, IS THE CAMERA FILE QUITE SMALL 133 KB. IF SO I HAVE COPIED THEM TO A FOLDER CALLED TRAFFIC.DAT,MAPINFO.DAT BECAUSE I COUNLD NOT FIND ONE CALLED GREAT BRITON AND IRELAND MAP. IF THATS OK THE NEXT ITEM I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHEN IT SAYS SELLECT ALL POI'S DO YOU TICK ALL LIKE PARKS, HOSPITALS, CAR PARKS ETC.BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND ONE FOR CAMERA'S.THANKS NEIL
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: TOM TOM ONE Reply with quote

NEILH6 wrote:
NEW MEMBER, TOMTOM ONE. COPIED FILES OK I THINK, IS THE CAMERA FILE QUITE SMALL 133 KB. IF SO I HAVE COPIED THEM TO A FOLDER CALLED TRAFFIC.DAT,MAPINFO.DAT BECAUSE I COUNLD NOT FIND ONE CALLED GREAT BRITON AND IRELAND MAP. IF THATS OK THE NEXT ITEM I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHEN IT SAYS SELLECT ALL POI'S DO YOU TICK ALL LIKE PARKS, HOSPITALS, CAR PARKS ETC.BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND ONE FOR CAMERA'S.THANKS NEIL

Welcome

First of all what TT One do you have Question
Information i will give is for the latest TT1V2
Ensure you have backed up the TT software before you add/alter anything so at leaste you can go back if it all goes wrong.
Download the camera database and unzip transfer the contents to the folder on your TT1 called united_kingdom_and_republic_of_ireland

With the TT now disconected switch off and back on the data will now be read into the unit.

From your menus select change preferences,manage poi's,warn when near poi and select the pocketgps files you wish to set up.

All details are here for your unit:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18701
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which download did you elect to download from the site, there are two completely different styles for the TomTom devices, the normal instalation (ov2) and the TomTom Home style.

Both downloads require unzipping prior to use, this will reveal the files that need to be installed.

The reason I want to know is the two methods of installation are totaly different, so not all the instructions are actually relevant to each download type - what files are contained in the download when unzipped?

Could you also switch off the CAPS LOCK as it considered to be shouting!
Thanks - Mike
NEILH6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS MIKE AND TIMBER FOR REPLY. OK THE TT ONE AS FAR AS I CAN TELL YOU IS THE NEW EDITION, I BACKED UP BEFORE I STARTED. THE CD THAT CAME WITH TT ONE I INSTALLED HOME EDITION,SHOULD I HAVE DONE, THE CAMERA FILE I DOWNLOADED WHEN UNZIPPED HAD 5 FILES, NEED HELP. LICENCE. RELEASE. POCKETGPS_UK_SC. AND POCKETGPS_UK_SC.OV2. I COPIED BOTH THE POCKETGPS FILES TO THE UK AND N-IRELAND FOLDER IN MY TT ONE, HOPE THIS HELPS YOU TO HELP ME THANKS NEIL
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEILH6 wrote:
WHEN UNZIPPED HAD 5 FILES, NEED HELP. LICENCE. RELEASE. POCKETGPS_UK_SC. AND POCKETGPS_UK_SC.OV2. I COPIED BOTH THE POCKETGPS FILES TO THE UK AND N-IRELAND FOLDER IN MY TT ONE, HOPE THIS HELPS YOU TO HELP ME THANKS NEIL

Right then looks like you have downloaded the single file version which needs TT Home to install the files.

IMO i would delete these files on the TT and download Speed Zoned: Contains the speed cameras in individual files for each speed limit and each camera type. If you want the above but with subcategories of the Gatso, Mobile, and SPECS databases to show speed related cameras:

Follow the instructions at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18701 putting the files all in the folder on your TT1 united_kingdom_and_republic_of_ireland

Every thing should now work ok Thumbs Up
NEILH6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: THE SAGA CONTINUES Reply with quote

HI TIMBER. DID WHAT YOU SUGGESTED, ALL SEEMED TO GO OK. BUT I NOW DON'T HAVE ANY CAMERAS ON THE MAP NOW. WHEN I LOADED FILE INTO TT. YOU COULD SEE IT LOADING OK AND WHEN YOU OPEN UP TT 'S MEMORY CARD WHERE AS BEFORE I COULD SEE THE SUB/FILE FOR THE CAMERA IN THE POI FILE THATS NOW MISSING. THANKS NEIL
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW

CAPS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING Wink
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
NEILH6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry all. only just realised what you mean with caps on, i thought you was telling me to turn caps off when programing. thanks neil
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil, Have you got this working yet, or are you still having problems? - Mike
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: THE SAGA CONTINUES Reply with quote

NEILH6 wrote:
HI TIMBER. DID WHAT YOU SUGGESTED. THANKS NEIL

look at the attachment this is what you should have in the map folder

providing what you have the same (zoned camera data base)

switch the TT off remove the card restart and when prompted put the card back in do this not connected to your computer with the usb lead.

You now need to assign all the cameras go on the menu go to change preferences, manage poi's, warn near poi type in pock and the first camera will come up assign, set up distance and sound finaly select done. Do the same for all the other safety camera.
NEILH6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mike , no the cameras don,t work. if i look in the yellow folder labled great britain and northern ireland i can see the 3 files i loaded. 1 is cabinet file, 1 is a toc file. and the other is photo file. but they have not gone to the poi in tt. does this help thanks neil
NEILH6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: ref dump. Reply with quote

timber hi, looking at your attachment all the 1st 6 and the last 8 match yours all my pockgps_uk_gatso etc.files are all still stored in 1 cabinet file in this this folder, i can open this up and they match the rest of yours. thanks neil
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: ref dump. Reply with quote

NEILH6 wrote:
timber hi, looking at your attachment all the 1st 6 and the last 8 match yours all my pockgps_uk_gatso etc.files are all still stored in 1 cabinet file in this this folder, i can open this up and they match the rest of yours. thanks neil

all the files should reside in the main map folder dont know what the cabinet file is you are refering to open this up and move the contents to the main map folder for zoned as i have shown should exactly match mine
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have downloaded the camera database that requires to be installed via the TomTom Home Application, the .cab and .toc and .bmp files need to be copied to the folder that the TT Home application uses to upload POI's to the device.

To find out the folder the files are to be copied to plug the TT device in and TomTom Home will start on the PC.

Within TT Home click File/ Preferences then on the window that opens up select the "Advanced" tab the middle file address bar entitled "Extra Content" is where you need to place the three files you have downloaded (the ones that have the .toc .cab and .bmp extensions) use Windows Explorer to drop the files into this folder.

In the TT Home application the POI should show up as "Points of interest" with a tittle of "PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Cameras"

Select the check box to the left of the icon then click the "Install" button.

The files will transfer to the device in one hit, you don't need to open the .cab file as the TT Home application does this for you - Mike

Edit once - please see HERE for additional information - Mike

Last edited by mikealder on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
NEILH6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

ok guy's i will try this tomorrow night after work and let you now the outcome many thanks neil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: