Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New way to do custom POI warnings in TomTom 5 & 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New way to do custom POI warnings in TomTom 5 & 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. They will work together.

The only problem with having 2 different sets of cameras is that there will occasionally be two sets of warnings.

Also be aware of how many OV2 Files are in the Map Folder, there is a limit of 100 before the TT will start to ignore the excess.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
shakatar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it possible to create a ogg file for the orginal tomtom cameras/poi's
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With v7 software, you can use any of the built-in sound effects for the TT cameras.
AND ALSO since v7, you can use your own ogg sound files for anything where you can use one of the built-in sound effects.

So, yes shakatar, you can! Smile

See my topic How To Add Your Own Sounds To Tt V7 (also Getting Your Old "polite" Sounds Back) (that version is on the yourNav forum.. the PGPSW topic has slipped down the list into obscurity now Crying or Very sad Wink )
shakatar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my father had map version 6.75 on his tomtom one to which i added quite a few poi's for him into the map folder. I just downloaded him the new version 7.10 map from tomtom via tomtom home latest version,during the install it copied all the poi's that i had put in the version 6.75 map over to the new 7.10 map. is this normal for it to do that? how does it know the ones that i had put in?
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shakatar wrote:
my father had map version 6.75 on his tomtom one to which i added quite a few poi's for him into the map folder. I just downloaded him the new version 7.10 map from tomtom via tomtom home latest version,during the install it copied all the poi's that i had put in the version 6.75 map over to the new 7.10 map. is this normal for it to do that? how does it know the ones that i had put in?

Happened to me to. Seems to just check for POI files in existing folders and copies them across to the new one.
Brodit ProClip mount
notna07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markmcrobie wrote:
Ok, thanks

I have a curiosity question - Why would you choose anything other than "only warn if on route"? Why would you want to be warned of something not on your route?

Hi
if you leave the tick off "warn only on route" you can then drive round anywhere without having a route set but leaving your sat nav on and it will warn you if there is a camera ahead. will also warn you if you have a route set.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi "notna07"
Welcome to the forums. You're right, that's exactly why you might want to switch off "warn only when on route", but did you realise the question was asked almost a year and a half ago! Smile
Daywalker_RooK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: POI Camera alerts Reply with quote

I have followed every thread with regard to installing these custom alerts for speed cameras, i have also tried the old way using a different data.chk file. After trying for more than four weeks now it is time for me to post here. What are you talking about, hahahaha, if i install these speed camera ogg files to my map directory then they dont show a picture for me to even select the sound in the warn when near POI section, If however i put them into the sounds folder i can then select the sound and when i tested it in demo i got the camera voice, but then once i took my tomtom on the road it reverts to a stupid bell sound.

I am using 7.1 on a go300, what am i doing wrong, or does it just not work with this combination?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: POI Camera alerts Reply with quote

Let's split this into two halves...
Daywalker_RooK wrote:
if i install these speed camera ogg files to my map directory then they dont show a picture for me to even select the sound in the warn when near POI section,

That is exactly what should happen!
If you follow any of the sets of instructions, they should all say something along the lines of:
Quote:
If you have installed the .ogg file packs you will be asked to choose a sound but will not be offered any options, this is normal. You will be asked 'Is this the sound you want?'. You should answer Yes on this screen. If you do, you will then see the warning distance screen and can proceed as normal.

TRY THIS METHOD AGAIN...

Daywalker_RooK wrote:
If however i put them into the sounds folder i can then select the sound and when i tested it in demo i got the camera voice, but then once i took my tomtom on the road it reverts to a stupid bell sound.

This has been mentioned a couple of times before, and I'm not sure if there was ever a reason found. It could be that you have just been unlucky with a long-standing bug in the TomTom system where it occasionally does forget the warnings - but that usually loses them completely rather than resetting them to another sound.

Rest assured that they DO work on a 300 with v7 software, we've just got to work out where it is going wrong for you....
But try the first method again first...
Daywalker_RooK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the breakdown, i will try again and then repost if need to.
TonyIshUk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just started to play with TomTom6 on a old PDA so am a little behnd the times ;-))

This may be mentioned before (I have not been through the complete 35 pages or so of this thread yet) but for quick renaming of files and removing the front strings (names) of the file name, there is a freebe @

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

I use it all the time for renameing / dating digital photo files.

Rgds

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35

Jump to: