Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Another fool with a navman 530
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Another fool with a navman 530

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericthebad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Another fool with a navman 530 Reply with quote

Hi I have been trying now for a couple of weeks to get the speed cam up on the device as well, done what it says on this web site plus tried from answers on this forum also done what was said on navmans site. I get to point where it says it has been sent to device but i cant locate it at all. On the pc when you click as to what is on device it shows it there but not on the device. With the amount of postings for this there must be a simple explination, or are we all really this bad

cheers
woodyy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric,
I think we are really this bad, which camera was u downloading, i done the single file and think i have managed to downlaod to my 530 but still not sure. Im starting think im a real thicko.. let me no how u get on
jane
ericthebad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: navman 530 Reply with quote

i Have used the gasto file it has opened ok when you go to my computer click on my device the file shows up that it is there but canot figure out how to make it active as it does not show up other than on the computer, think i will need to spend some time on the phone to naveman as this is getting beyond it now
MannyG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Installing Speed cam software Reply with quote

Hi,

I also have a navman 530 and tried to install the Speedcam software on my Unit.I had a similar result in that the data transferred across but the unit software wasnt seeing it and even when i went into the files section via activesynch i could see the data files there.
In the end i downloaded the software and set it up on my laptop and it worked fine after updating.
The differences between my desktop and the laptop installations were as follows :- my desktop had activesynch 4 already on it whereas i installed the activesynch that came with the unit on the laptop.

Also i found that when i managed to connect my navman to the internet via smart st i was able to update it and it run what seemed like a fresh install so maybe in conclusion it works if you use the the activesynch supplied and also update the unit before you try installing the Speedcam poi file.

I hope this helps in some way.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you downloaded single CSV file and used Desktop to convert them to Navman format and to download to device then you should have no problems – this works. If you have downloaded only converted files then check that you have three of them (.ini, .map, .bmp) and that they are placed on internal flash in the MYPOI directory (on the same level where Map, POI etc directories are). If you have four files (.ini, .map, .chk., .bmp) than you have downloaded speed cameras in the old format that will not work on 530. If you don’t see anything in Prefs-Safety Alerts-Active POI than you have problem with ini file (either in the wrong place or in the wrong format). If you don’t see your speed cameras in Go To-Address or POI-Find Point of Interest that speed camera data is either in the wrong format or in the wrong directory. However, do look carefully – if you downloaded speed cameras already converted to Navman format note that file name may not match their actual name in the list.
cracker12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: navman icn520 Reply with quote

i have a navman,just got safety cams and it took 4mins to upload to upload to gps,its easy
Sunnygjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded the consolidated file to my iCN 530 using Activesync 4.2, which I updated to recently. It went fine for me and works a treat 8O
malex1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Navman 530 speed cam files. Reply with quote

I had trouble getting files onto my 530. Worked out it was ActiveSync causing the trouble.
After trying out a few new versions of ActiveSync, found most reliable was an older version 3.8.0.
Now all that you do is never open downloaded files in any other program except POI POI editor in Smart ST 3, or formatting may get changed.
Download Navman speed cam zip file (not .csv or ov2) to temp folder, unzip, open file (which is *.asc format) in POI editor add icon file (*.bmp)send to Navman.
Seems to work every time on mine and several friends units, that had similar problems..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: