Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio & TMC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio & TMC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to my earlier post, i thought i would add that i originally ordered the TMC from Easy devices about 2 months ago as their site showed they were in stock, but received a pre-order in stead. I phoned and was told that their stock was being returned to MIO as they did not work without the correct software. I told them that my 510 had V3.11 and so included the TMC software. They still insisted that the TMC adaptors would not work and were being returned to MIO. They also advised that as soon as they received the new batch of adaptors they would send my order as long as i confirmed that my unit did indeed have V3.11. As i stated earlier, i received the TMC adaptor about a month ago and it does indeed work. I guess that the problem is either specific to the C210, but someone now claims to know of a 510 that it will not work on, or that possibly their TMCs came direct from MIO and it is these adaptors that will not work with the software? I certainly remember at least one other 510 owner who bought from Easy devices and went through the same process as i describe above. Also i get occasional voice warnings of 'traffic jam ahead', so can any 710 owners, maybe Sallyann or Ceejay, confirm whether or not they get this with the TMC units built into their units? The TMC adaptor i have is a GNS external RDS/TMC adaptor TrafficBox (looks like German make).
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My TMC adapter was a pukka Mio one and they admit that it doesn't work in the UK, even with the v3.2 update - if only they'd told their Rep and dealer!!
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MioC210user,

i am now pretty convinced that it is the actual MIO TMC adaptors that are at fault and not the software. It is a shame that you have had such a bad experience with the whole TMC thing from MIO that it will probably put you off buying one in the future. It really does work quite well and is certainly a worthwhile add on for my 510. I have had more than my fair share of problems with both MIO support (lack of) and their online store who also have the same bad habit of ignoring emails until you threaten them. I must admit that i was surprised at even getting voice messages regarding traffic jams, so hopefully others will confirm they also get them.

Cheers
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrax wrote:
Also i get occasional voice warnings of 'traffic jam ahead', so can any 710 owners, maybe Sallyann or Ceejay, confirm whether or not they get this with the TMC units built into their units?

My C710 was bought in June, and the TMC worked right out of the box. Yes, I get the 'traffic jam ahead' voice warning if I'm heading for a holdup. Alternatively, if there is a route set and the Mio can find an alternative then Thomas tells me 'route recalculation'.
Just a thought - if you have a 210 or C710 and the TMC doesn't work as advertised, why don't you try to squeeze a really good tradeup deal for a 710?

Sal
the_pts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just to clarify both TMC were bought from Mio,

and was told they would work with both the C210 and C510, however neither seem to work

Peter
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little voice (must be the cynic in me) keeps suggesting that maybe MIO are deliberately clouding the issue of TMC in the UK. Strange how they neglect to mention in any of their responses the fact that they recalled stocks of their own MIO branded TMC adaptors from other Companies because they knew they did not work. As i recall from looking at the price of an adaptor on the MIO online shop site, they were also much more expensive than what i eventually paid for mine from Easy Devices. Hang on, there are an awful lot of C210/510owners out there, and at approx. £100 a pop, thats a lot of potential business for MIO when they finally manage to get MIO branded adaptor that actually does what it says on the can. The ace holes at MIO know that the C710c with the built in TMCs work in the UK and they must know that other companies are selling add on adaptors that also work for at least the 510s, so why no mention in any of their responses?
darthpaul
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very interesting.

I wonder what the difference is between the one from Easy Devices and the proper Mio one? You should all take pictures and compare them Smile
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps one of the guys who bought direct from MIO can confirm what they paid but from Easy devices, i paid £65.21 and this included VAT and next day delivery. Sallyann, thanks for your response.
the_pts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a link to the one on Easy Devices for me please

Thanks

Peter
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

here is the link:

[url]http://www.easydevices.co.uk/products.asp?partno=MIOC510TMC

So how much did the adaptors cost you direct from MIO?

Cheers[/url]
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.easydevices.co.uk/products.asp?partno=MIOC510TMC

Oops.
the_pts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

75 Euro + Delivery

Think it works out to about £60-£70
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

you did well then (price wise as i know it does not work) as when i checked many months back i am sure it was quite a bit more with the shipping costs from Belgium included.

Regards
the_pts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have just ordered one from Easy Devices if it works with my C210 and my friends C510 I'll have to order another one.

I will let you know my findings (hopefully should get it tomorrow), shame really as I have to go to Nottingham tonight (about 80 mile round trip) been a good test.

Pete
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Peter with the C210 as i can only vouch for the C510. It works with both V3.11 (just in case your friend has reverted back because of the postcode issues etc) and V3.2.

Regards

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: