Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speedcams Builder for Mio Cxxx Series
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedcams Builder for Mio Cxxx Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:

Hope this helps.

It certainly does, Trevor. I would like to do some drive tests myself but I seem to be chained to the PC just at the moment.
Obviously what we need to know is whether there is any significant disadvantage in using the directional data, as far as the 'bend before the camera' effect is concerned. Anything you can learn about this would be extremely useful.

Sal
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belay my last at 300 yds. My local redlight alarmed a 480 on the way to work this morning.
I'm going to record my trip on GPSGate tonight when the road traffic allow more than 3mph. I can then run the simulation in the comfort of my own home, thus reducing the risk of being caught speeding, and for the greens, not to mention reducing myCO2 footprint a little.
Trevor
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal
PM for you re. Acceptance angle.

Trev
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of issues with speedcam display and warnings on the current Mio devices C510, C710 etc.

1. They are not able to show a speed for a 'mobile' camera. Consequently all 'mobile' cameras are displayed as "No Limit". This applies equally to Mio's own camera database and to the database created by Speedcams Builder.

2. They are not able to show a speed below 30mph or kph. This means that the increasing numbers of 20mph cameras cannot be correctly displayed or warned. In Mio's camera database, some 20mph cameras are shown as 30mph and some as "No Limit".
To avoid misleading user into driving at illegal speeds, the Speedcams Builder shows all 20mph cameras as "No Limit"

Both of these issues would need a software change in MioMap to correct them, and if this is done in a future release I will update the Speedcams Builder to take account of any changes.

Sal
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded a new version of the Speedcams Builder at:
http://rapidshare.com/files/6460190/Speedcams_builder_205.exe

There are just two small changes in this version:
1. When the program is started, if the pocketgps_uk_sc.asc file is not found in the same folder then it will put up a browse screen so that you can select an input file name and location.
2. It will now treat a "REDSPEED" camera to be the same as a "REDLIGHT" camera.

If you don't need these updates then you can stay with the previous version which is still available for download.

Sal
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a redspeed sal?
Trev
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
What is a redspeed sal?
Trev

Some people use 'redspeed' to describe red light cameras that incorporate speed cameras. I got some feedback that the name wasn't being recognised by the program.

Sal
tortellini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, i live in France and i tried to use your prog to add speedcams and it works very well, but i'd like to know if i can change the warning sound, and if i can separate mobile speedcams and fixed speedcams ( i've edited both files and paste the list of mobile speedcam into the speedcams.asc file, renamed it to UK_speedcams and then i use your prog to convert it into mtc file, but there is only one files with all speedcams)
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tortellini wrote:
hello, i live in France and i tried to use your prog to add speedcams and it works very well, but i'd like to know if i can change the warning sound, and if i can separate mobile speedcams and fixed speedcams ( i've edited both files and paste the list of mobile speedcam into the speedcams.asc file, renamed it to UK_speedcams and then i use your prog to convert it into mtc file, but there is only one files with all speedcams)

Unfortunately the Mio will only recognise one speedcams file. I have also created two .mtc files, one with all of the speedcams and one without the mobiles. If you have 'unlocked' the Mio you can use the file explorer to rename the two files and that will choose which one to use, but that is not very quick.
If you want a Speedcams.mtc without the mobiles, you do not have to edit the .asc file first, the Speedcams_Builder program can do it for you. The instructions are on page 3 of this thread.

You can change the alarm sounds. They are .wav files in the \sounds folder inside the data.zip file in your Mio. You can edit them with an audio editor program, or replace them with a different sound file.

Sal
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal
Is it possible to exclude Redlight cameras by using -R on the speed camera builder V204? Confused I know that I could 'try it and see' but thought it would be useful to get the definitive answer for everyone. I occasionally inadvertantly need to be warned of speed cameras and perhaps the possible locations of mobiles, but I do pay sufficient attention when I am driving to notice traffic lights, and know sufficient about driving rules not to go through the lights on Amber or Red, or indeed, to speed through them, as I consider them to be a potentially dangerous place to be going too fast.
If it's not possible now, do I feel a V205 coming on?

Trevor
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trevor,
No it's not in there but I will include it in the next update.

Sal
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal
Re. tortellini's problem. Couldn't something be done with the POIUpdates.upd file to have two camera files? Or don't I understand the problem?
Trevor
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Sal
Re. tortellini's problem. Couldn't something be done with the POIUpdates.upd file to have two camera files? Or don't I understand the problem?
Trevor

AIUI he wants to switch between two separate speedcam files and the only way I can see to do this is to quit Miomap, swap the file names with a file manager, and then restart Miomap. That would certainly work but is rather a cumbersome procedure. You could save them both as POI files of course and easily select either or both, but no alerts.
Miomap reads both speedcams.mtc and poiupdates.poi at startup and loads them into memory - you can't select just one.

Sal
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded the latest db last week. Over the weekend I realised that the unit was in Km when I uploaded. I know this effects some GPS models but could not remember if it had any bearing on a Mio.

So I did an "edit cam" on a local camera. It said 50 - which is correct in mph - but of course did it mean 50 KPH or 50 MPH. I flipped it to Miles/yards and went back into edit camera and it still said 50. Hmm......

Anyway the real reason for the post is that I noticed that the edit screen had camera type and selecting that showed several different types and icons. But the map display shows the same icon for all types.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPSBear wrote:

Anyway the real reason for the post is that I noticed that the edit screen had camera type and selecting that showed several different types and icons. But the map display shows the same icon for all types.

I'm not quite sure what you mean there. Do you mean that all the cameras have the same icon regardless of type, if so, which type is it? Or that you can't edit to a different type?

Sal

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 7 of 17

Jump to: