Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 5.21 crashing on i-Mate JAMin
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 5.21 crashing on i-Mate JAMin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogbear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: TT 5.21 crashing on i-Mate JAMin Reply with quote

Strange things are happening on my rig.

Yesterday I drove quite a long route Peterborough to Smallheath (Birmingham) and then to Gateshead. TT and the JAMin worked faultlessly, wonderful.

Today I had to drive back from Gateshead to Peterborough, about 20 miles south of the A1(M)/M62 new junction everything crashed with a Microsoft error that I wasn't able to read before the JAMin reset.

I then did a reset and started TT again and it froze as soon as it connected to the GPS receiver. Three attempts later and resets later and it all worked again. So off I went. 10 minutes later TT packed in just stopped working, froze the screen with no error reported.

A reset again got it working only to freeze again a short time later.

Now I know my route was easy straight down the A1(M) but this fault seems very strange to me, espcially because I drove the same rouate about 2 weeks agao and got the Microsoft error at the same place, but got TT working again fine at the next services.

I'm maybe thinking that there is something in the area that is disrupting either my JAMin or my GPS receiver, Rikaline GPS-6033. I think there are some RAF bases and a radar establishment in the area.

I'd like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience or can suggest a reason. I've completely re-installed TT tonight in case something was damaged in the software.

My friend was following ina car using TT Go and had no problems.

Weird! Evil or Very Mad
Rikaline GPS Receiver

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: