Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 3rd Series Symbian Phones
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

3rd Series Symbian Phones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
energylevel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: 3rd Series Symbian Phones Reply with quote

Anyone heard any news on when Navicore will bring out a version for 3rd series Symbian phones, I just got a Nokia N80 and as I registered Navicore 2006 user emailed them via their support web form but they don't seem to reply and it's hard to find an actual contact email address, looks as though they don't want people to contact them !!!

I spoke to somebody via a support telephone number and all she would say was that Navicore 2006 doesn't currently support the Nokia N80 and that was all I could get I did wonder if I was talking to a wind up toy rather than an actual person at one point !!
adam7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: 3rd Series Symbian Phones Reply with quote

energylevel wrote:
Anyone heard any news on when Navicore will bring out a version for 3rd series Symbian phones, I just got a Nokia N80 and as I registered Navicore 2006 user emailed them via their support web form but they don't seem to reply and it's hard to find an actual contact email address, looks as though they don't want people to contact them !!!

I spoke to somebody via a support telephone number and all she would say was that Navicore 2006 doesn't currently support the Nokia N80 and that was all I could get I did wonder if I was talking to a wind up toy rather than an actual person at one point !!

I hear that it would be coming in fall
dave_angel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are getting the same responses. Didn't sound like it was any time soon that it would be available.

For others upgrading to a 3rd series phone does it seem reasonable for the software to be available as a free update? It does to me but does anyone have any other experience with other products???
energylevel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Route 66 now supports series 3 Symbian devices .....
energylevel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navicore 2006 now supports some Series 3 Symbian phones, unfortunately the list doesn't include the Nokia N80 yet, I'm told they should have compatability with this phone in a couple of weeks .....
wrinklyninja
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: S60 series 3 Reply with quote

Navicore 2006/1 now supports just about all S60/80 phones. I'm using it on a Nokia E50 and it was an absolute doddle to install and it works with no major problems. Support dept. really exists and respond immediately. TomTom take note.
energylevel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: UK Version Reply with quote

It works OK on my N80 too but threy haven't got the UK version quite right, along with a few unusual voice instructions like for example 'turn slightly right' really should be 'bare right' ... the main issue I have with it is the on-screen road information which is way off the mark ... road names ONLY for major roads ... crazy !!! OH and and a female Engish UK voice would be nice .... really if they can get these issues/features sorted they I would say you could put the UK version on a par with TomTom Mobile ..... it's all very well offering free speed cams and road incident features but you need to the core functions right as a priority !!

Come on Navicore let's get this sorted !!!!!!
wrinklyninja
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: 2006/1 Reply with quote

Must be some something strange. My version of 2006/1 gives all road names including my home road which only has nine houses on it. It may be because you are trying to have too much info on screen. Zoom in on the map (Key 1 on my phone) and the names appear. I agree about the voices but I reckon it is only a matter of time before someone comes up with the extra voices as Navicore claim they can be added as WAV files. I still reckon this is a good alternative to TomTom as the support is far better
energylevel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've misunderstood me .. what I mean is when navigating the on screen information for the next turn should show a ref like A6, B1234 etc. You rarely see the actual road name like smith road ..... so Navicore have got this wrong .. if you look all the other major satnav providers they seem to have got this OK !!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: