Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Maps and GPRS coverage
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Maps and GPRS coverage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apbooth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Maps and GPRS coverage Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just finished using the trial of Wayfinder 6 on PPC and found it to be quite good apart from a mapping error near where I work. I also have copilot v6 and that shows the road okay but they use navteq for their maps so I guess teleatlas is not very good. How do you find the maps?

Has anyone ever had any problems loosing GPRS signal while travelling round the country? (I am on O2 for GPRS) as I only got to use the trial locally so don't know what it's like out of the cities.

Also I've hear wayfinder release two versions a year so does that mean v7 will be out soon?

I am trying to decide whether to take the plunge and buy it

Thanks
wiggy25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using Wayfinder for over a year on T-mobile and it's very good.

I'm a service engineer and cover the whole of the country and it works.

You may have a mapping error near your work, but if you do buy it you get access to the "mywayfinder" site on there you can plot the route and tell them where the error is, they will then change it.

I did this for a route near me, it was changed within 3 weeks.

I've had the GPRS signal go out on me but it should sort itself out when the signal is back. I have automatic reroute switched off so when it does come back on I just click on the reroute(menu) button and off we go again.

Wayfinder maps are updated 4 times per year, to the central server so the maps should be more upto date than most.
The actual route it gives you, well thats a different story as explained above.

Like I say I bought the lifetime subscription which is Navigator 6 and they have only done 1 softwware update to 6.013 (I think)

The lifetime subs give me these small updates/fixes but if the launch something like Navigator 7 then I will have to pay a nominal upgrade fee.

Hope this helps

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: