Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Holux GR 230 not talking :(
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Holux GR 230 not talking :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Holux GR 230 not talking :( Reply with quote

Hi,

Wonderif anyone can help..

My receiver doesn't seem to want to talk to me anymore - it's only 3 days old and this is the sequence so far...

Monday am - charge receiver - works brilliantly

Monday evening receiver now won't connect properly when selected using the blue tooth manager (Ipaq 2210) it has to be switched off then on and it connects as Generic Serial under incomign connections. The SPP slave conection if initialised always goes into the Outgoing connection slot and won't talk to any GPS applications

Wednesday evening - it still makes a connection when switched on but no data seems to be being transferred - I've looked at it using the Holux GPS viewer and Winfast Navigator and nothing seems to be happening - any idea why this is happening (PS I've tried a hard reset just to be sure plus reinstalled all the relevant software ). My bluetooth seems to be working because I can transfer data to my 'phone with no problems - can this be sorted or is it a return to Holux job ?

On the subject of Holux I've been tryign to contact them all day and noone answers the phone and their UK website is down so i can't contact them in any way...

Can anyone help (for instance has anyone got one of teh data cables I could use for a few min ....

DinAlt
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem you are experiencing is because you have one of the earlier firmware editions which has the bug when changing baud rate. At some point you have changed baud rate within an application, it may have just been selecting another driver, but an application has changed baud rate, and this has now de-synced the GR-230 so the Bluetooth and GPS isn't connecting.

See this thread for more info.
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh !

That's what I was dreading - dunno how it changed though I haven't even tried to play with sirf etc...

Anyone out there got a data cable I can use <g> ?

Still can't get hold of Holux UK ..

DinAlt
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try ordering the cable direct from their website? I did on monday and it turned up today. Now my GR230 works once more.
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their website is down and they wern't answering phone calls today Sad

DinAlt
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's frustrating.

I think Holux-UK is run from someones home... Not a regular office... When I rang them on monday I could hear a couple of kids playing in the background... They might be out...
I'm not getting any response from their website either now...
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holux do have their own office. They are experiencing problems with their website due to problems at their datacenter beyond their control. The website hopefully will be back up and running in about 18 hours.
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. My mistake. It just sounded more like a home background than an office when I called... But then they could have been on a mobile and answering the phone at lunch for all I know. Whatever, they were mostly helpful about my problems, and also prompt when I ordered my cable, so I have no complaint.
gps_user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I ordered my cable on Monday over the phone and was assured next day delivery. I spoke to them today and they said they have had a bad batch and were awaiting a replenishment for next week. To date, I still have no cable! I am being fobbed off with the out of stock response????

Tom 8O
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I just looked at the address on the packing slip for the cable I got... Obviously it's not a home business. It's a business building in an industrial estate. I guess someone dedicated was answering the phone at home more likely.

Apologies to Holux-UK for that misunderstanding.

H

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: