Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon Database Errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon Database Errors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclebill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldi Medion help line have admitted to me that there are address problems in the database around the Hastings ,Sussex, area. Any street addresses that you do find from the Hastings town search are in fact St Leonards streets. My own steet is appears to be in Market Drayton instead of St Leonards. The post codes are in a mess and some of the local towns are now in Kent. I have been given the option of returning the Medion 95000 to my local Aldi store for a refund, or to wait for revised software and purchase a new set of cdrom. Any comments?
gamble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Toll Road Tyne tunnel Reply with quote

As you have to pay to use this should this not be classed as toll road.
Any routing from North Newcastle to Jarrow etc. always forces you to tunnel until you get down into Newcastle

Thanks

PS not tried routing from Hull to grimsby
peter_rjs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: A720/A702 junction Reply with quote

Travelling westbound on the A720 Edinburgh City Bypass, at the junction with the A702, you are directed off at the at the exit slip, over the roundabout, immediately back on at the entry slip!

The A720 is fully shown on the map, so methinks the lady is slightly daft.
gamble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Dutton Forshaw Garage Reply with quote

This garage at Junction of Hollywood ave and Great North Rd in Gosforth Newcastle on Tyne has been closed for 3 years and is now a furniture showroom????

Co ords -1.6210 / 55.0123
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Navigon Database Errors Reply with quote

Southbound M42 joining M40 voice instructions ask you to keep right, when you actually need to keep left. The maps and the route diagram are fine, just the voices. (Or is it the voices????)
DaveMatthews
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigon has a brainstorm in the Lancashire village of Bolton-le-Sands when you are driving southward on the A6. If you wish travel to Lancaster, you simply continue to follow the A6 south along "Bye Pass Road" (sic) and Navigon issues instructions as expected. However if you wish to travel to Morecambe, you need to turn right (ie west) onto the A5105 ("Coastal Road") at a junction in the middle of the village. However Navigon doesn't inform you of this (by voice instructions, direction cues on the map display or the Route List) - to all intents it wants you to continue straight ahead at the junction on to Coastal Road. For calculation purposes it appears to think Coastal Road and Bye Pass Road are one and the same, even though it correctly shows them on the map display as two distinct roads.

I have a suspicion that decades ago Coastal Road was indeed part of the A6 (which eventually meandered its way east to Lancaster). The junction in Bolton-le-Sands was created in order to re-route the A6 directly south (as we see it today), hence the - albeit badly spelt - name Bye Pass Road. Coastal Road was then renumbered to A5105. If that's the case then that indicates Navteq's data is literally decades out-of-date - though I thought the system worked primarily via road names rather than numbers. I wonder if there are similar anomalies all around the country?

--

Dave
GazzMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When leaving the M3 at junction 14, MN4 tells you to exit the M3 and follow the M3

It should say exit the M3 and follow the A33

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

On the A34 at the M4 intersection it still sees the old roundabout, whereas now the duel carrage way runs right through
EastExpert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunnymonster wrote:
Boost wrote:
When joining the A1(M) at Stevenage, the voice tells me I'm joining the A10.

It appears to do it with all Axx(M) roads as it's done it to me on the A167(M) (told me to join the A 1670), the A1(M) (A10), A66(M) (A660) and the A57(M) (A570)

I wish I'd gone on the A6144(M) Carrington Spur now to see if lady providing the voice had an embolism :D

I have the same effect on A329(M) going off the Coppid Beech roundabout: tells me to join the A3290 - "Three-Two-Ninety". You're right, I guess Smile
tcs17_tim
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want MioMap V2 errors in here? I understand it is the same as Navigon 5 and is based on Teleatlas maps.

Postcode "S25 2??" Borrowdale Crescent is called Borrowdale Cres.

Ashford (Kent), there is no through road from Barrey Road to Church Road, there is a dead end created with bollards.
This is the second time I have arrived at bollards and makes me wonder if Telelatlas create maps from aerial photos.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: