Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 3 Map Errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 3 Map Errors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Destinator 3 Map Errors Reply with quote

Please post any Map Errors you find in Destinator 3 in this thread.
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I was wondering, is NavTech infomed of the errors?
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hemel Hempstead - the rather wonderful "big round-about surrounded by mini-roundabouts" is not correctly handled. The map implies it's still one huge roundabout.

This is the multi-map url

Hardly surprising it's not handled actually.
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sopwith Way in Daventry - it's a continous arch in real life (and I am sure D2 knew of this too), but the D3 map shows it as two roads. Quite annoying as my customer is in limbo between the two ends.

URL

Strangely enough multimap also thinks it's two streets, but check the aerial photograph and you will see it's one long road.
Fifer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've discovered a couple of bugs. I don't know if these qualify as map errors. Mod's, please move if not.

Driving north on the A92, the verbal instruction for negotiating the Melvill Lodges Roundabout is correct (keep driving round roundabout, second exit) but the visual indicator shows a rifght turn (ie third exit). The same manouvre south-bound is handled correctly. The location is:

URL 1

Similarly, driving north-eastbound on the B961, the blue route line indicates staying on the main (straight) road but the voice instruction and visual indicator say "Turn Left". Again, the manouvre is handled correctly when travelling south-west. The location is:

URL 2

Are these postings for the benefit of other users or does the information find it's way back to Destinator ?
steve404
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Place where they arent Reply with quote

Sainsburys Petrol Station and supermarket in Rhyl, North Wales is about 3/4 mile south according to Destinator, and the supermarket appears in the middle of the graveyard on New Road, Rhuddlan.They dont sell petrol there.
scrumble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holton-le-clay just outside Grimsby. Heading out south towards Louth, Louth Road apparently doesn't have junction when joining the A16.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=53.499252,-0.065449&spn=0.008453,0.014594&hl=en

Looking at google and multimap, might give answer to the problem. The road leading to the village is Louth Road, while the main green road is the A16 but is also called Louth Road, which in RL it isn't, its just a bypass. It could well be that Destinator is getting confused because I'm driving from Louth Road onto Louth Road, and is probably thinking its the same road, and therefore not a turning.
spl360
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

going to Braintree the other day (near stansted airport), at first the Nav tell me to go on the correct road A120. but after about 2 mins, the A120 was missing on the map, and it shows that I have been driving across fields. I think the destinator3 map is abit out of date there. It still showing the old A120 road which doesnt excess anymore.
gune
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: do destinator power loc gets to know? Reply with quote

yes my big query is does the destinator power loc gets to know these? if so it is ok!
if not it may be we just air our irritations with the sat nav? Rolling Eyes
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have v3.0.75_81 and have found the following:

A1 at Wetherby has been upgraded. Although the work has been going on for 18 months and has been open for over 6 months, when travelling Northbound you are shown as travelling over brown fields for at least two miles. I am sure the same wil happen Southbound, but that has only just opened to traffic.

J28 of the M62. There is a large roundabout at the junction which Destinator treats as separate junctions. Instead of telling you to take exit 2, 3, 4, etc, you are told to keep left until told to turn left. This could be confusing if you wanted the fourth exit on the other side of the roundabout!

Mark
ulfire
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Destinator 3 Map Errors Reply with quote

Dave wrote:

Wher Do You Begin the program is totally naff
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to agree with you. I have just ordered Tom Tom to see if that is any better, I have also emailed destinatoreurope for a return code as "it doesn't do what it says on the box".

Maybe it is best to post the corrections to the people who actually make the information available http://update.navteq.com, hopefully Destinator may one day make a programme where they fix the bugs from the previous version!!

Mark
sgreenbank
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Seriously flawed at M25 J8 clockwise exit slip Reply with quote

The exit slip clockwise junction 8 was extended by about 1 mile many years ago. Unfortunately no-one seems to have told destinator. So you are still being told its over a mile away when you've missed it!
The problem is then compounded when you turn off as the software seems to view your position off the Motorway as a tracking error and indicates you're still on the M25. Then when you get to where it thinks the off-slip is it doesn't see you move left and thus decides you're still on the M25 and starts recalculating your route via J9. You then have to negotiate the roundabout unaided as it thinks you're on the M25 and doesn't realise until you are past the first exit off the roundabout.

Incidentally most Motorway junctions seem to be still indicating "exit left in approx 200 yards at the point at which you would have missed your turn.

Steve
kissack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

North of Sleaford Lincolnshire. Holdingham Roundabout (A15/17).

When approaching from west along A17, the route being 3rd exit into Sleaford, it announces the roundabout as a turn left and when on the roundabout as a turn right. then getrs confused between tunrs and 'continu on roundabout'

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: