Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon Wishlist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon Wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the system for a year now in Holland and, after installing the patch from the German Medion site, it has been working very well. I agree with the members who want to see a speed read out, very useful for calibrating the car's speedo. I'd like to see a way to get to other programmes. The Navigon takes over completely and I've only been able to get to other programs via one of the 4 buttons and then using the pull down menu. An add-on to give an audible warning of the speed limit in the area would be helpful, it's not always apparent.

Steve
dejongj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In version 4 you can choose to have the speed displayed amongst many other stats...So your wish has been granted ;-)
SteveR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Navigon Wish List Reply with quote

I'd like to see a possibility to select my own road and travel preferences, as used to be the case in Route - the forefather of TomTom. I drive differently for work than I do for pleasure. I don't want shortest or quickest routes necessarily, when on holiday, I'd like to be able to tell the system to use only B roads or give a balance of motorway, A, and B roads.
I'd also like to see a possibility to record a route. Very often on roads you have driven regularly, you know the best route, but it would be easy to be able to drive a route and record it for others to use as a file.

Steve
druck
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. Avoid motorways is good for holiday driving, and quickest route then selects A & B roads, but can take you on a lot of boaring dual carridgeways. Shortest route avoids these, but there needs to be a way of telling it not to use farm tracks which are narrower than the car!

Also there needs to be a way of blocking more than one road. Currently if I block the caravan infested motorway on a Friday evening, it takes me down the A road, but if thats also turned in to a mobile monstrosity park, blocking that road will result in it trying to get back to the motorway.

Cheers
---Dave
ourmike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prussia wrote:
ourmike wrote:
An ETA or journey time remaining feature would be helpful.

Mike
Apologies if you have already received a reply - I am a newbie here.
In Navigation mode look at the distance in the bottom right of your screen. If you touch this you will find you can toggle between Distance, Duration and Arrival (ETA)
Hope that helps
Cheers
Prussia
Many thanks Prussia - I have since discovered this, but with my eyesight I couldn't tell the difference! Embarassed
big_ipaq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ourmike wrote:
Prussia wrote:
ourmike wrote:
An ETA or journey time remaining feature would be helpful.

Mike
Apologies if you have already received a reply - I am a newbie here.
In Navigation mode look at the distance in the bottom right of your screen. If you touch this you will find you can toggle between Distance, Duration and Arrival (ETA)
Hope that helps
Cheers
Prussia
Many thanks Prussia - I have since discovered this, but with my eyesight I couldn't tell the difference! Embarassed

I assume you are talking about a version previous to MN4, right?

In my MN4 you cannot change ETA, Remaining Distance, Duration as they are displayed continuosly in small fonts in the bottom right of the navigation screen..

Where is the arrow navigation screen from the Mobile Navigator Europe edition, where if you clicked the map it will switch to arrow navigation and viceversa?
W_Janssens
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Wishlist MN4 from Navigon Reply with quote

I am using Mobile Navigator 4 for 3 days, and I already have a wishlist Confused

1. Avoid certain roads on your calculated route
- you only can avoid routes for x kms and not avoid road Exx or Axx
( available in TomTom )
2. Define on area's to be avoided when calculating a route
- define a rectangle which should be avoided
- can also be used if an exit of a highway is closed !
( available in TomTom )
3. Roads for bicycles only should be available in the maps
- MN4 + bluetooth gps can be used on a bike
- but roads are only shown for cars
- MN4 can calculate bicycle-routes, but roads are only roads for cars
4. Management of POI
- define which category are shown on the map
- sync with internet
- adding new POI
5. Management of routes
- flexible way of exchanging routes with other users
- engin.nl is posting already some routes for Engin
- but MN4 ?

Please inform me when options are available Wink
Werner
big_ipaq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner, I agree only in part.

1. & 2. It should be possible but I doubt it can be implemented in a way, it would be useful. Of course, I never used TomTom, and do not really know how is it done there. What you can do... When you want to avoid a certain road or highway exit, simply do not follow MN4 instructions and it will recalculate the route. I for certainly, do not use navigation on roads I know, and when I don't know the roads I doubt I would use MN4 on my pocket pc in my car to draw avoidance rectangles or select E70 road to be avoided. Also there is TMC for this.
3. I have no idea, as I am not using it to ride bikes.
4. Tue, but after all there is POI Warner add-on, which does this job and more, just wonderfully.
5. You can save the route on the PC and exchange it with others. More than this, you can do it on the pocket pc also. If you are interested I can explain how. In short, you go to Multiple Destinations, build the route, save it, then email it using GPRS.

HTH
W_Janssens
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_ipaq wrote:
Werner, I agree only in part.
4. True, but after all there is POI Warner add-on, which does this job and more, just wonderfully.
5. You can save the route on the PC and exchange it with others. More than this, you can do it on the pocket pc also. If you are interested I can explain how. In short, you go to Multiple Destinations, build the route, save it, then email it using GPRS.

HTH

4. I used POI warner on my TomTom, but did not yet buyed the MN4 version. But wouldn't it be nice that this feature is built-in ?

5. I know you can save your route. I am more interested in a solution where exchanging of routes is managed by sync procedure with the internet. Something like POI's syncing for routes ! You're solution I didn't considered because I didn't configured my ipaq 2210 to mail. And mailing was not what I wanted with this feature. I want more a usergroup like POI-exchange sites for routes. I know they exist for Garmin routes. But I didn't find them for MN4 ( are they compatible with other pocket PC navigation software ? ).

Regards
Werner
big_ipaq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4. Yes, indeed it would be nice to be build in. However, at CeBIT I've seen and played with a beta MN4 version and it was possible to select for example what type of Restaurants you want. Probably you have noticed that on the map, MN4 knows what specific has the restaurant it shows, however, when searching you can select only Fast-Food or Others. My impression is that Navigon wanted this features out so that POI Warner and alikes can earn a bread too.

5. I am not sure, that such feature you're describing, would be useful at all. Can you explain what it would be good for? I can understand that you may want to send to one of your friends a route by some means (email, etc) but what's the usefulness of online sync? I am not saying it would not be useful, but that just I can see a reason for this and I am kindly asking you to explain.
big_ipaq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to be able to insert a '.' character (for listing of all items) when using phone-like keyboard of MN4.
W_Janssens
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_ipaq wrote:

5. I am not sure, that such feature you're describing, would be useful at all. Can you explain what it would be good for? I can understand that you may want to send to one of your friends a route by some means (email, etc) but what's the usefulness of online sync? I am not saying it would not be useful, but that just I can see a reason for this and I am kindly asking you to explain.

I mean something like http://www.poihandler.com/ in combination with poiwarner where you can select groups of POI where you are interested in ( fe. the group of all speedcams of 120 KMS/h ). For routes it could mean that you are interested of all routes in your area. If a new route is added and you sync this group, you would have it also in MN4. If you add your own route and assigned it to a group, it would be synced on the internet for all the other subscrivers. Do you understand ? It is the same idea as for POI...
big_ipaq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no offence but maybe I am not so sharp in my understanding... ;)

What do you mean by a new route?!? Routes are dynamicaly created by MN4 based on MN4 stored maps, your location and your desired destination (or a potential location and several destinations).

What exactly do you mean by a new route?!? You mean, that it may be useful to others what exact route you use to get home? How would this be useful to others? Their MN4 can compute routes, based on thier preferences, and based on their speed profile, etc. What are you talking about?

Only idea where a route may be potentially useful (even I doubt it would be better than the one MN4 can calculate alone) would be where a large group of people want to go from the same point to the same destinations. Thus you can download (sync) such route, and everybody will herd on the same route.

Can you please explain again?
W_Janssens
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the meantime I have found a software tool for TomTom which is able to use / exchange routes. [url]http://www.gpsassist.net/[url]. And in http://www.gpsassist.net/files/ you can find some routes as example.
Another example is : In Belgium we have some touristic routes for bikes. Exchanging these kind of routes would also be nice. [/url]
big_ipaq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, sightseeing/biking/hiking routes for others... It makes sense this way indeed to exchange them online...

However I don't see it as a mainstream feature, as IMHO over 90% of Navigon users are using the PDA for incar navigation.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: