Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ver 3.2 update partial failure.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ver 3.2 update partial failure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peasemold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Ver 3.2 update partial failure. Reply with quote

Left it updating overnight as it was very slow - came down this morning to find an error message saying updated unfinished.

Running the C510 it appears to have V3.2 map software, but two of the European maps (held on a 2 Gb SD card) appear with (MRE) after them, namely France and Germany. All of the maps have 5/10/06 or 6/10/06 as their date, including France and Germany.

Trying to set an address on the C510 in France or Germany produces an error message, so clearly these maps have not downloaded correctly or have been corrupted.

I tried the update again, but the update software has "greyed out" the maps update feature and there seems to be no means of repeating the maps download.

I could, of course, just restore the old France and Germany maps I have on the CD, but I would obviously like the (uncorrupted and complete) new ones. Does anyone know of a way I can get hold of these maps? Could anyone kindly leave them in one of these file holding websites?

As far as I can tell all the other software seems to be OK, although I haven't noticed any new languages or voices.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Peasemold
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you need worry about the 'updated' France and Germany maps. They are no different to the old ones. It appears that the only map to be really updated is Ireland, although the GB map may be slightly different and would be worth updating to be sure. The dates you reported are simply the dates you downloaded then.

Sal
bigrids
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peasemold,

Not wanting to repeat myself from another thread but having just read your piece I had the same problem but with Italy. In fact every time I tried to navigate to an address in Italy it caused my system to crash.

I will have to do the same as you and reinstall the original maps.

Bigrids
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just tried an Italian address and although it took my C710E twenty seconds to calculate the route it did finally get there. This is using the revides italian file downloaded within the v3.2 upgrade.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: