Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - schedule and address book - is there anything available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

schedule and address book - is there anything available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nacoya
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: schedule and address book - is there anything available Reply with quote

Hi,

i'm looking for my first sat nav. I was originally looking at the mio p350/550 cause in my job i have a schedule of clients and wished to use a daily schedule and address book linked to the gps to get me to the appointments.

Is there anything like this available as an add on for the tomtom one. Even just and address book would be good ?

cheers,
paulg0702
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use checkPOInt 5.2 using Axim x50v & tt navigator 5.21. I open up my contacts list & if I want to navigate to them I hold down on there name & a menu comes up one of the options is navigate to, i then select this. Assuming the address is inputted correctly you select ok & tt navigator opens up & ones you have a GPS signal the navigation begins.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul's suggestion is fine if you are using TT Navigator on a PDA, but the OP wanted such a thing on a TT One, which is a dedicated sat nav unit. The simple answer is, I think, no.

The only way you can do it is go down the PDA/TTN5 route, which, in theory works as Paul suggests. The problem is that the addresses have to be input using the field addresses in Outlook, otherwise TT has difficulty in differentiating between the street and the town.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
nacoya
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks folks Smile

that's what i needed to know . So i think i have 2 choices.

1. use the favourites in tomtom one as an address book (if this is feasible) but no schedule.
2. get a mio p550

isn't this fun Laughing

cheers
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to the fun there are a lot more choices than just that. Lots of PDAs about that will run TTN5 very well - plenty of Ipaqs for example. You can then buy TT seperately.

Another alternative is to find out what PDA phones you can get free or cheap. One poster said you can an XDA PDA free with a £20 per month contract, This combines phone and PPC 2003 PDA (links with Outlook on your PC) in one unit and you can then get TTN5 including BT sat nav receiver for less than £150.

Decisions decisions.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not consider creating a POI file of your contacts addresses? you will need to use the TT to find the Lat/ Long but you can do all of this on the device.
If you are considering a PDA based phone I would go for one running the WM2005 operating system these days, there is less chance of loosing data if you flatten the batteries, the BIG plus point for the PDA based phone is that you will never leave it in the car (as its your phone) so it is far less likely to be stolen - Mike
nacoya
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks..more good info..

does anyone know of a good in depth review of the mio p550 (and or p350)

cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: