Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO 300 HELP PLEASE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO 300 HELP PLEASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
optical
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: GO 300 HELP PLEASE Reply with quote

Hi everyone first off

got a problem with a friends go 300 that we sold (i work in main car dealership) and this was a xmas present for a friends dad

he tried to update it to version 6 but had no luck so i had a go and guess what i had no luck either
it would get to about 80% and then freeze up even after deleting unreq voices etc

so trying to be clever Embarassed

i did a back up cup first via the tom tom home portal and attempted to uninstall the old version with the plan on reinstalling version 6 well cut a long story short that did not work either again only getting to 80% before hanging itself

now the bad bit
like a donkey i clicked syncronise not restore back up and am now left with a tom tom that when you turn it on all iget is the sd card symbol with a red X on it
yet according to the home package it still has the old version on

the cd rom is as much use as coaster as it does not contain any files for me to reinstall

help
what do i need to do
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: GO 300 HELP PLEASE Reply with quote

optical wrote:
Hi everyone first off
got a problem with a friends go 300 that we sold (i work in main car dealership) and this was a xmas present for a friends dad

he tried to update it to version 6 but had no luck so i had a go and guess what i had no luck either
it would get to about 80% and then freeze up even after deleting unreq voices etc

Damage already done when your friend tried to update and failed.
What you did if i understand correctly was to update,copy and then tried to install but messed up.

It would not have mattered as what you copied was the 80% duff install.

Check with your friend hopefully he made a back up when he got the unit and also prior to loading on the update (if he has put this back on and all should work again).

If he has not then some kind person may give you the files to firstly get it back to the as bought software and workable unit if not then contact Tomtom support.

Backup Backup Backup
optical
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i not just copy the files across from another sd card ???

we have a few instock so its not a problem
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

optical wrote:
can i not just copy the files across from another sd card ??? we have a few instock so its not a problem

PM Sent,

A few in stock Question Currys web site 10 days ago cleared the shelf on the 300 and 500 models.

The 300 sold out very fast at £119 and from memory the 500 at £150 you need to shift this stock as the longer it remains unsold the harder it will be to sell and its value is on a downward slide.
optical
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timber wrote:
optical wrote:
can i not just copy the files across from another sd card ??? we have a few instock so its not a problem

PM Sent,

A few in stock Question Currys web site 10 days ago cleared the shelf on the 300 and 500 models.

The 300 sold out very fast at £119 and from memory the 500 at £150 you need to shift this stock as the longer it remains unsold the harder it will be to sell and its value is on a downward slide.

thanks for all your help spoke to tom tom support who have come across this once or twice
anyway he advised reinstalling version 5.4 from the following link

www.tomtom.com/1750

if anyone needs it there it is

thanks again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: