Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - C510E TMC upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

C510E TMC upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigrids
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: tmc upgrade Reply with quote

dload,

Hi,

No, all I did was copy the maps from the supplied cd to a 512mb SD card and insert that into the mio. I got most of the countries on. Had to leave out scandinavia but with a 1gb card you would be able to get the whole of europe on.

I have just had a holiday driving through France into Switzerland and Italy and the Mio coped fantastically. There is no need to change maps like TomTom. All you do is put in your destination and off you go.

Bigrids
Mio C510E(TMC Upgrade)
IPAQ 3715 TomTom Navigator 5
dload
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: tmc upgrade Reply with quote

Hi Bigrids,

I have only a C510 with Eastern European maps.
I would appreciate very much if you could zip the miomap install and upload to rapidshare.

dload
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to get TMC working on my C210, but with no luck.

As a result of this, I'm liaising with a UK distributor who is due to see his Mio Rep shortly.

Hopefully, he'll have answers to some questions I put to him recently and I'l be happy to pass any information on.
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: V3.2 update / TMC Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I contacted Mio and to my total amazement received a reply within minutes:

"We will release an update link on our website in about two weeks. With this
link you can update the version 3 on your device so that you can use the TMC antenna.
As soon as this link is available we will also release the TMC antenna for
Mio C210 on our site."

We'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see what (if anything) happens.
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was received from Mio today when I queried why the V3.2 manual shows TMC but my updated to V3.2 C210 didn't display the icon on the "GPS data" screen

TMC in UK is not supported yet, this is a payable service which is not included in the price of the Mio C210.

However, we are currently testing TMC adapters for the UK, they are expected to be released in one month.

The price of this TMC receiver will include TMC license for UK.

The TMC button is not shown if no receiver is attached or no TMC stations are found, currently this is the case for UK.

On the other hand the software installed on your system is TMC UK ready.

This means, when you order a TMC UK device, you simply have to connect it and TMC will become automatically available.

Since the update to V3.2 I now have "Maps of Europe" working from a 2GB SanDisk SD card on my C210 and it is seamless between countries. :D

cheers

Allan
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMC IS supported in the UK and a lifetime subsciption fee is included in the purchase price of the TMC receiver.

I've had this conversation with Mio, a UK dealer and several other people over the past few weeks.

With the v3.2 update, TMC now works

The GENUINE Mio TMC receiver has been available from Global Positioning Systems (http://globalpositioningsystems.co.uk) for several weeks now and their product support have been very helpful

My C210 with v3.0 did not display a TMC icon on the GPS Data screen, but with v3.2, the icon is there and the receiver works
stevenh1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i have recently purchased the MIO 510 device and was looking for some advice regarding the bluetooth function. For the first couple of days the device paired with my phone without any problems. However now i am unable to find my phone from the MIO or find the MIO from my phone. The phone i am using is a Nokia 6630, i just can't figure out why it has suddenly stopped working, any advice would be appreciated.
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluetooth needs no configuration as such as it should at least see another bluetooth signal first. if your phone can connect with anything else then its the Mio and the reverse would also be true. Check if your phone can connect with any bluetooth device.

Otherwise it could be the bluetooth software in the Mio etc etc

You def need to eliminate one device or the other first unless someone else has seen this before and can suggest something ...

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
stevenh1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can connect to other devices using my phone and i've tried another phone but still can't find the Mio.
I am guessing there is a problem with the bluetooth software but not sure how to resolve it, have tried soft and hard resets.
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems to indicate that the bluetooth on the Mio is duff. Try and get somone elses phone and see if it can find the Mio or vice versa.

I'm still waiting for my C510E so I can't check but Bluetooth is designed to find any device transmitting a Bluetooth signal and then ask you if you want to configure it on the device you're using.. however all bluetooth devices should have, within the connectivity settings, or whatever Mio call them, the ability to turn this on or off. So the bluetooth is active but can't be seen by other devices. Its a kind of Bluetooth firewall.

Now this may be nonsense with the Mio but i would be surprised if it doen't have that facility...its a kind of industry standard requirement.

If you've checked that then ignore what I've said Smile Otherwise have a look. Obviously if all is set to allow connection and bluetooth is enabled or looks like it is then its the Mio...

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: V3.2 upgrade on C510 TMC Reply with quote

Hi Allan125,

i have just finished updating my C510 to V3.2 and the TMC box on the GPS screen now only appears when the module/antenna is plugged in, in complete contrast to V3.11. Looks like i owe Mr MIO an apology. Everything seems to be working fine, so i will give it a drive tomorrow.

Cheers
stevenh1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice topgazza, i am just going to return the Mio to the shop as its within the 28 days may as well return it and think about ordering a new one. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: