Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POIwarner Auto start/shut down
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POIwarner Auto start/shut down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: POIwarner Auto start/shut down Reply with quote

Hi, just thought you all might like this, its a method of shutting down poiwarner when you exit ttn and starting poiw up when ttn is started.

The author has been kind enough to mail me this email and having tested it im happy to share it. He does state that is an unsupported and undocemented feature so if you cant get it to work.......

Quote "this is already implemented (but as an undocumented and unsupported feature yet).

You can set this setting in the registry:

\SOFTWARE\Apps\POI-Warner\CloseDirect (closes the POI-Warner after shut down of TomTom)

\SOFTWARE\\Apps\\POI-Warner\StartDirect (starts the TomTom after starting POI-Warner).

"

You will need a reg editor for the pocket pc and a basic understanding of how to edit keys. values etc..

In a nutshell, change the 0 to a 1

This is the one i used.

http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/download.asp

Hope you find this useful.

Cornz...

Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: POIwarner Auto start/shut down Reply with quote

Cornz,

Works for me, thanks for sharing this with us.

Regards

Alan
cornz
Lifetime Member

Thank Markus (the programs author) but more than willing to share..Thats whats forums are for.. ;-)

MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: A couple off issues with the auto start/close Reply with quote

I have found a couple of issues with these autostart and close. The StartDirect is a pain if you are just starting POI_Warner to do an autoupdate, you don't need TomTom running then. If you press the start monitoring button it starts TomTom anyway.

More of a problem is when you use the CloseDirect function. For me it exits POI-Warner and there is no sign of it in memory. However when I press the iTask button after that app has closed, it restarts POI-Warner and TomTom and thinks you are trying to record a POI. For some reason the CloseDirect does not return the button to its default state. A normal exit from POI-Warner does.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: