Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Warning Tomtom on Orange SPV M600
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning Tomtom on Orange SPV M600
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noony
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Please don't ask for a receipt from someone else - they might need that themselves.

I have escalated your issue to our TomTom forum contact. That should work. Stay tuned.

Good point about the receipt.

Thanks for escalating Smile
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
I have escalated your issue to our TomTom forum contact.

Respect!

Not Worthy
searley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always just faxed a reciept to tomtom, with the new device code and the product code, along with my email address and ALWAYS had an email from them with the new activation code within 48hrs

including 2 x m600's
Noony
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This matter is now resolved :D

TomToms latest response (to a complaint letter that I wrote):

We appreciate the points that you have made. However, we hope you understand that generally speaking, co-branded devices do need to be individually tested for compatibility, as it is not uncommon for the various branded incarnations of generic HTC devices to display somewhat different characteristics which can affect performance. We do therefore discourage customers from activating on these unsupported devices, as any technical problems that arise consequently would be impossible for us to deal with, as these devices have not been approved by our Test Team. Providing an Activation Code for an unsupported device could be seen as an implicit acnkowledgement of compatibility, and could lead to awkward Customer Support cases, and a poor user experience for our customers. A serious consequence for yourself could also be that if you decided to buy a supported device in the near future, due to unsatisfactory performance of your M600, you would need to approach us for yet another Activation Code.

But taking this whole discussion into consideration, and considering the fact that you accept not being eligible for support if you encounter problems, we will provide you with the activation:

Many thanks to Ibendlin for the help Wink
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely worded response. Understandable viewpoint. Good news! Yay!

Jumping With Joy

Let's just hope it works now! Laughing
Noony
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed and working fine (including traffic) :D
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why they couldn't have just said "Yes we'll activate it but you won't get any support" in the first place I've no idea. Confused
rhayader_wanderer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noony wrote:
This matter is now resolved :D

Glad to hear you have had some success I am now three weeks into a similar yo-yo with an attempted activation on a Mio P550 and have met with a similar brick wall.

Like you I would have been happy to waive support and take the chance especially as I had had it running on another P550 pre recall with no issues other than the Mio hardware bug.

In my case TT stated that it was in the licence that neither a customer or reseller should activate an unsupported machine something neither my vendor nor I cant find and am now about to go back to them and challenge on this.
polecatpete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think they are like this in order to force people into buying there own all in one solutions? Even with V6, there is very limited "listed" support on their website and as we've seen here, if your product isn't listed, you can whistle regardless of whether you've bought the software or are prepaired to use at your own risk.

Just amuses me that we are trying to buy a legit copy and use it whether at our own risk or not, but TomTom seem to want to push people towards an Ebay special! Laughing
Noony
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ rhayader_wanderer, good luck with your issue. Let us know how you finally get on...

@ polecatpete, I don't like the ebay specials I prefer to have legit software with add ons like traffic. All that I will say is that the way Tomtom treated me (twice now - something similar happened 2 years ago) I now feel forced into looking at alternative software.

I recently signed up for my third year subscription for Tomtom traffic, but I will be taking a good look at Navigon 6 when it comes out and any others that people can suggest.
Jolly22969
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Congratulation Noony Reply with quote

Hi

I would like to congratulate you Noony on your success. I read all your messeges you posted as well as the correspondence with TT. I would like your advice in a matter in am passing through. I just got M600 with storage card 512mb (Kingston) and have synchronized it with my pc but have been unlucky to copy kind of file on my mobile from pc. Whenever I try to copy any file or folder from pc to mobile storage card, always get messege "Cannot create folder 'name' The file may be in read only memory, or a write protected disk, or currently in use by another application". It is unable to even copy common text or word files on the mobile's storage card. But the copying on mobile's memory is fine.

If you could please suggest in this regard, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks
Noony
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
It sounds like your storage card could be locked or corrupted.

Have you checked the 'lock' switch on the storage card to make sure that it is not locked (this will stop any writing to the card)?

Have you tested your card in a card reader through your PC?

Have you got any files on the storage card at all?

Did you format the storage card when you got it, and if so how and what type of format did you do?

If you can answer the above questions I will try to help.
Cheers,
Jolly22969
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Thanks Noony Reply with quote

Thanks you very much. You were right, the memory card was locked and because I am new to these kinds of things and this is the first time I bought this kind of mobile so not aware of these techniques.

Thankyou again and appreciate your time to reply.
Noony
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime Wink
Jolly22969
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Problem configuring Holox BT-321 with SPV M600 Reply with quote

Hi Noony

Again having problem in configuring gps receiver holox bt-321 with my spv m600. my cousin installed the tomtom 5 on my mobile that is working fine. i got the holox gps receiver bt-321. i made the bluetooth partnership in my phone with gps receiver that was ok. after detecting bluetooth receiver my mobile gave me only one option of serial port that i selected but it paired it on comm 6. when i configure in the tomtom i selected other gps receiver and it gives me following option to configure:

com9
infrared port
com3
com 0
com2
serial port

i tried on all of them but no gps was found in the tomtom. could you please help me out what shall i do. i really thankful to you.

jolly

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: