Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - traffic on 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

traffic on 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carcuscrae wrote:

I also have a Nokia 6120 on 3 with an unlimited internet add on (X-Series Silver). Can you confirm this works ok with TomTom traffic? If it does is it easy to set up?

Thanks

I dont have the x-series silver add on. That is for browsing the internet on you handset. I have a broadband lite connection so i can use the 6120 as a modem and i get 1GB of usage a month for £9.99.

wether this helps me get a wireless connection or not i dont know but i do get it along with hands-free, Traffic subscription, Phone book, wireless data connection. the only thing i dont get is the MMS. I am also on Monthly tarrif but if you like i can take you through it from where you are having trouble. Could you also tell me what model of TT you have.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason all your phones hang at 60% and 65% is because you have to put the details in manually instead of automatically. Here is how to do it from start to finish.

1: Make sure you have no bluetooth connections on your phone and your TT. Make sure your TomTom and phone is charged for step 14 onwards.
2: Tap screen on TomTom and then (mobile phone) then you have a message (to use the hands-free features, you need to establish a bluetooth connection between your phone and your TomTom xxx. Do you want to do that now) Tap YES.
3: Then you get message (Please make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. Start searching for phones now?) Tap YES.
4: After waiting a few seconds you get message (Please Confirm: Connect to NAME OF PHONE) Tap YES
5: You then get the screen with the Checking phone features and to enter 0000 for password. Enter 0000 on your phone and then OK or ENTER depending on phone. Then accept connection on your phone(You might need to do this a few times).
6: You will also see the % bar increasing, mind also watch your phone to enter code or accept connection.
7: you then get the congratulations screen (the phone(NAME) is now ready for hands free calling.etc ( i will just write the first few lines of each message now followed by (ETC.) could be here all night.
8: Tap Continue on you TomTom. Then you get the screen about trust,allow. Do this as it makes the connection alot easier.Tap Continue
9: You then get message (TomTom PLUS
To use TomTOM PLUS services, you need to set up your etc.) Tap YES.
10: You then get a similar screen as before with PHONE NAME and enter password with a % bar increasing.
11: Select your Phone If not there choose OTHER at bottom of screen. My phone (Nokia 6120 Classic)is not listed so i choose Other also so dont panic
12:Then after a few seconds select UK on the screen
13: then your network (In our case 3GB last one on screen).
14: Then wait till the bar gets to the dreaded 65%. The globe could keep spinning for upto 15 to 30 minutes so be patient. It is not a fault.
15: You then get the screen (Unable to set up your wireless data connection etc.) Tap MANUAL.
16: You then get the access point screen(Should say three.co.uk) Tap OK at the bottom right corner of screen.
17: You then get the Username screen (You need to type in your e-mail address you use for your TomTom Home account) and then Tap OK.
18: You then get the password screen ( You need to type in the password you use with your TomTom e-mail address) then Tap OK.
19: You then get (Do you want to obtain your IP address automatically (DHCP) or etc.) Tap AUTOMATIC.
20: You then get ( Do you want to obtain your DNS server address automatically or etc.) Tap AUTOMATIC.
21: You should then get a DIAL screen with the number (*99***1#)
if so Tap OK, If not type it in and tap OK.
22: You then get the LOGIN SCRIPT(at+cgdcont=1,"IP","three.co.uk") if so Tap OK, If not type it in and tap OK.
23: You then get the dreaded 65% but will change to (To garuntee an optimal user wxperience, TomTom would like to etc.) Tap I AGREE.
24: Then the dreaded 65% screen should come back and this time it will climb to 100% and you the get (CONGRATULATIONS! Your wireless data connection has been set up etc. Tap CONTINUE.
25: You then get (Get numbers from phone Do you want to copy the phonebook from your mobile etc.) Tap YES. Your phone might not support this feature but dont panic as it makes no difference.
26: You then get your start up screen and thats you done it.

I hope this is of help to you all needing it and any questions just post them here as i will check it about 3 times a day. Good Luck

EDIT to post

At the start i could only get a wireless data connection but this was because of a problem with my TomTom. If you are having problems you should also run the Clear Flash Tool then do a Factory Reset. This will help resolve problems you might be having.

EDIT TO POST: Have corrected number sequence.

Last edited by if1977 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
mwgpollard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your article goes from point 9 to 19, are there steps missing or is this a typo?
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwgpollard wrote:
Your article goes from point 9 to 19, are there steps missing or is this a typo?

Sorry Embarassed , Woke up this morning and decided to do it before i had any coffee. It is a typo, has been corrected. Rolling Eyes

If the PGPS Staff and Moderators read this i was thinking is there any way of making this a sticky or something like that as it could come in handy to people in the future. If it needs to be altered any before hand let me know and i (or you if needs to be) can do so. Smile
carcuscrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the instructions if1977. Does this mean that if I follow them I will be able to use TomTom Traffic using my Nokia 6120 Classic?
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carcuscrae wrote:
Thanks for the instructions if1977. Does this mean that if I follow them I will be able to use TomTom Traffic using my Nokia 6120 Classic?

As you have the same phone as me i have to say it will work. Just to clarify i have Talker 20 monthly tarrif and a broadband lite connection also. Can't see this making any difference though. What is your plan for future reference.
carcuscrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if1977 wrote:
carcuscrae wrote:

As you have the same phone as me i have to say it will work. Just to clarify i have Talker 20 monthly tarrif and a broadband lite connection also. Can't see this making any difference though. What is your plan for future reference.

I am on the Mix & Match 300 (£15 per month) plus I have the £5 X-Series Silver which gives me unlimited (well 1gb per month) of data traffic.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be ok. Give it a go, at the end of the day you have nothing to lose. If you do it now i will be here for the next hour or so if you need help. Smile
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also worth pointing out that you may need to have a fairly current firmware release on your TomTom. Mine didn't work until the upgrade to 7.131 (I think) for the bluetooth connection to work.

Nokia 6288 on 3.
Brodit ProClip mount
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good point GerryC. I would also make sure you have the latest Phone Settings downloaded from TT Home as new phones are added to it all the time.
carcuscrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to sign up to TomTom Traffic first. I wanted to check my phone would work before the outlay.

Thanks
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carcuscrae wrote:
Got to sign up to TomTom Traffic first. I wanted to check my phone would work before the outlay.

Thanks

You can check it by selecting the WEATHER icon.

If i remember right if you enable traffic on your TT you get the first month free. So try it to see.
carcuscrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if1977 wrote:
carcuscrae wrote:

Thanks

You can check it by selecting the WEATHER icon.

If i remember right if you enable traffic on your TT you get the first month free. So try it to see.

Thanks for all the info if1977, got my 6120 working now. Couldn't get it to work initially as my 3g connection kept dropping when I was downstairs. Went upstairs and got a good 3.5g connection and it worked exactly as you described. Checked I could recieve the weather updates and they work as well. Very Happy

I presume if I can receive the weather ok I am alright to sign up to the TomTom Traffic service and that will work ok?
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutly spot on carcusrae and remember what i was saying about you might get your first month free to traffic. Simply enable traffic on your TT and if you get a report you are getting the first month free. Also you can see it in you TT account at TomTom.com and login then go to PLUS services and it lists your sibscriptions down the right hand side. You will see your Traffic subscription there if you get it. Let us know if you do.
carcuscrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if1977 wrote:
Absolutly spot on carcusrae and remember what i was saying about you might get your first month free to traffic. Simply enable traffic on your TT and if you get a report you are getting the first month free. Also you can see it in you TT account at TomTom.com and login then go to PLUS services and it lists your sibscriptions down the right hand side. You will see your Traffic subscription there if you get it. Let us know if you do.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I have a free month of Traffic, when I enable it, it says my subscription has expired. Nevermind at least I know I can use the service once i have signed up!

More importantly though I have found a couple of glitches when using my 6120 Classic with the plus services on my GO 720.

Firstly, I have found that I need to disconnect the bluetooth connection from the 6120 end. I have to do this by turning off the bluetooth on the phone and confirming that I want to disconnect an active bluetooth connection, before turning off my 720. If not when I re-establish my bluetooth connection and I go to use the plus service, the 720 won't be able to find a data connection. It seems that this is an issue with the 6120 though not the TomTom. I think that although the 6120 says it has disconnected, it hasn't done it correctly as the screen still shows the bluetooth bracketed icon.

Secondly, I have also found that if you use Mobile Mail on 3 and have it running at the sametime as you try to use the data connection for the plus services, again the 720 won't be able to find a data connection. Pausing Mobile Mail solves this problem.

I hope this info helps anyone having these issues or if anyone knows how to resolve them please post here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: