Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Should I sell my TT5 in favour of TT6 ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Should I sell my TT5 in favour of TT6 ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nmbaker
I too can honestly say that there is not one new function on TT6 that I would use. Even if the new programme was free I don’t think I would bother to download it or whatever. TT5.1 works brilliantly and gets me to where I want to go, here or on the continent.

If they just brought out new maps once a year for TT5 I would be more than happy.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nav 6 is free. The new maps are chargeable, and require the new free Nav 6 to run them (speed limit info etc). New maps must have Nav 6. Nav 6 must have new maps.

It's probably hard enough to know what devices support a current release of code; having to make everything backwards compatible too (when processor speeds etc govern what features are viable) would probably be impossible.

At the end of the day, as an existing customer, TT want more of your money. If they were smart, they could have (most of) us enrolled in a map upgrade program just as PGPS have us downloading camera databases. But as I said, they'd need to be smart to work that out! Wink
nmbaker
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: I noticed a strange thing Reply with quote

I have a 4GB SD card, from which I installed TT6 and a CF 4 GB card which keeps my more sensitive data and other maps - those that do not run on TT6. Well after installing Australia, could be a fluke, but now, if I load TT6 with CF card in place, says no maps. Take out CF card and all is ok. It is no big deal because to swap back to 5.21 and 6.32 maps is 30s job, plus reboot. Just damned annoying. Was fine this weekend. Just as I travel to Romania, Moldova and a few bits of Russia, thinks have to start playing up.
So far, I haven't seen anything in 6 that would convince me to buy it over 5.21, the maps 650.1111 seem no diiferent on any routes I take, but western europe in one map is very handy, as is America, but that is all. Sadly, I am not convinced this time
TTCams latest 19/05/09 Traffic - live
SDHC 16GB
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: I noticed a strange thing Reply with quote

nmbaker wrote:
I have a 4GB SD card, from which I installed TT6 and a CF 4 GB card which keeps my more sensitive data and other maps - those that do not run on TT6. Well after installing Australia, could be a fluke, but now, if I load TT6 with CF card in place, says no maps. Take out CF card and all is ok. It is no big deal because to swap back to 5.21 and 6.32 maps is 30s job, plus reboot. Just damned annoying. Was fine this weekend. Just as I travel to Romania, Moldova and a few bits of Russia, thinks have to start playing up.
So far, I haven't seen anything in 6 that would convince me to buy it over 5.21, the maps 650.1111 seem no diiferent on any routes I take, but western europe in one map is very handy, as is America, but that is all. Sadly, I am not convinced this time

Please do not discuss pirated illegal copies of TT6 on this forum Evil or Very Mad
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: