Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map Colours Day/Night
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map Colours Day/Night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbaileyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Map Colours Day/Night Reply with quote

If I go to the menu, preference, maps,display, I have options of Map colours, I have this set to auto, thinking that at night the display would automatically dim/change the map to a night setting, and also i've got the night keypad lighting checked so the operating buttons are illuminated, but driving home tonight at 10 o clockish the maps were still in day mode, which is like having the interior light on ! does any one know what time the display should change from day to night mode ? as i'm sure it must be on a time basis as i wouldn't have thought the 530 would have a light sensor built into it, thanks in advance.
David............
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's based on the time and position from the GPS - if you don't have a GPS fix it will use day time colours. If you do, the map colours should change, but the backlight brightness seems to stay fill on - not very good IMHO. I think the backlight should dim at night as well as the map colour change.
zzf00l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But surely you can.... In the DISPLAY menu set the day/night to auto and check the night keypad lighting box. In the MEASUREMENTS menu in 'Time ' set the local time offset to the correct time for your zone (get a GPS fix first).
Sunnygjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err yep, that works a treat.
Thank you zzf001 Smile
degringo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have that option on the 520 that I've just bought.. has this option been removed? with the latest software update???

Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

degringo wrote:
I don't have that option on the 520 that I've just bought.. has this option been removed? with the latest software update???

No, it was only introduced with the 530 model.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzf00l wrote:
But surely you can.... In the DISPLAY menu set the day/night to auto and check the night keypad lighting box. In the MEASUREMENTS menu in 'Time ' set the local time offset to the correct time for your zone (get a GPS fix first).

Actually, if you don’t have GPS fix and colours are set to Auto, it will use the last colour setting (could be Day or Night). If your device was in Day mode the last time you used it and then you turned it on when it was already night outside and switched to maps immediately, although the device will get the GPS fix quickly (if properly mounted, of course) it may take a while (15 minutes?) for map colours to change from Day to Night. No idea why, but if once you get a GPS fix you exit the map screen (e.g. to Main Menu) and then return back, colours will switch instantly, without the lag.
Time zone settings apparently have nothing to do with Day/Night colours – try setting different weird map zones, resetting the device, and then before it manages to pick up the GPS fix setting map colours to opposite of what they should be and then to Auto. You’ll see that device will change colours correctly regardless of your time zone settings. It looks like time zone settings are used only for correct clock display on map screen (time information that GPS satellites transmit is UTC so you have to convert it to your time zone yourself).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: