Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman ICN530 error message / freezing up using loaded maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman ICN530 error message / freezing up using loaded maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Navman ICN530 error message / freezing up using loaded maps Reply with quote

Have recently bought a 530 and everything seems OK when using in the UK. Recently used it on holiday in France with maps loaded onto a Kingston 512MB SD card.

Routing is fine so long as you do not interrupt the journey / switch the unit off and then on again. If you do interupt the journey and then resume everything seems Ok for a while then it locks up with a windows type box and error message appearing. The interval for this appearing seems entirely random can be after a couple of mins or an hour!

Error message starts OS_EXIT()CALL@E:\COREBUILDS\RELEASE\B-CORE-EC-119\T-CORE-EL-V1_19_006\MAPCORE

Continues on like this for a whole box screen. Only way to get rid is to reboot the whole unit. Not impressed as you can imagine in the middle of a journey!

Suspect it is a problem related to the software reading the SD card. No chance to re-load maps while on holiday so no chance to tell if that would have fixed it.

Spoke to customer support who had not heard of the message! Odd as it must be an error code built into the software. Suggested I completely re-loaded the software including the updates (which I had already got the updates loaded by the way).

Just wondered if any one else had come across this?

Bit worried about using this unit again while abroad as it was totally unreliable while in France. Only way to be sure sure the planned jouney is not interrupted is to keep the unit on with no switching off along the way to ensure no error screens appear.
bluenose66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar thing keep happening to me on ' route demo ' before my holiday to spain, the error message was ;

os_exit() called
e:\corebuilds\releases\b-core-el-
119\t-core-el-
v1_19_0002\mapcore\src\mapdata\
enroad.c Line:469

After many tries of resolving it through navman tech support it was indeed an SD Card error, I put the map I required (SE Spain) direct onto the ICN Unit. Over in Spain it worked great with no problems.

I thinks it's a good tip for anyone who is concerned about their particular SD card to do a few route demo's before their trip to highlite any gliches.
I was using a 1gb high speed SD card (Play), Navman have suggested a 512mb Sandisk Ultra 2
chrisjm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar fault here. When in France mine crashed and needed a reset every time I changed the route. Not much of an issue as it behaved ok during the route.
Interesting that I too have a 512mb Kingston card (which is where the Euro maps are placed). Maybe it is the card. I bought the lot as a package deal from HandTec so assumed the card would be ok.
In the uk the unit is totally reliable, not using the sd card.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluenose66 wrote:

os_exit() called
e:\corebuilds\releases\b-core-el-
119\t-core-el-
v1_19_0002\mapcore\src\mapdata\
enroad.c Line:469

I was also told that this is due to a problem while reading map file (data corrupted during transfer; bad SD card; SD card dislodged while reading map data due to rough road …).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: