Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 360 questions/survey
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 360 questions/survey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pitstop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 360 questions/survey Reply with quote

Right
What extras can you get for this model? Translation guides, tour guides, voices etc and where/how much can you get them for?

And

What voice are you usung? I'm using British English - Daniel (TTS) as Emily (TTS) and plain old British English are just too robotic. How about you?

One other thing, I just got back from Lake Garda in Italy where I used it to navigate the local area successfully but I notice that one end of the lake gave me a much better screen shot (dare I say but as nice as my previous (but useless) sat nav - TT910) with coloured roads and green fields etc instead of the boring old grey/white screen. Why was this?
Scarecrow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already know about Tour/Travel guides, which presumably should be available from the same place you got your Nuvi. Also available is the Traffic Module, to route you around traffic hotspots. Alternative voices are not available per se, but there is a guide to changing voices in one of these forums somewhere that may work on the Nuvi. Haven't tried it myself, so can't comment.

I have also seen somewhere the possibility of loading different types of maps on to the Nuvi - typical example being a topographical map similar to Ordnance Survey. I suppose that would be useful if you are into hill walking. I haven't tried it myself so am unable to comment on how easy/effective it is to do/use.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: