Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - pre-loaded poi's vanished after a reset, plz help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

pre-loaded poi's vanished after a reset, plz help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spagbog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: pre-loaded poi's vanished after a reset, plz help Reply with quote

Hi,
I really want to enjoy my new i3, but its starting to fraustrate me now.
I was thinking about installing camera database, need to buy a card reader and bigger card than a 256 mg to have MaFt site poi's as well?

A new problem came up yesterday with the screen getting stuck for 30 sec- 1min quite frequently even tho the text directions were still displayed and changing, also my speed was accurate. The last thing i had done to it was load poi's from MaFt site. I did these manualy so i could be alerted to mountains and castles. As with most new toys i've been pressing buttons and experimenting so i thought maybe a reset might help.

After reseting, "food hotels and more" are now empty!, my customs points are still there. The pre-programmed poi's were exellent and now they have all gone. Sad

I understand that i might have to leave unit out in the car for a while now that i reset it, will these original poi's come back??

All i wanted was a satnav, not a headache Crying or Very sad , i simply want it to

a) animate smoothly withouth frequently sticking ( first couple of days was fine)
b) display poi's from MaFt site in map mode, but no bong
c) alert me of speed cameras with bong

Think im regreting this purchase, please put me out of my misery somebody as i cant read anymore threads. getting square eyes. Thankyou.

p.s. is the sticking screen to do with 3.10 firmware?
I have City Nav Europe NT+ V8
sanaar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll back to ver 2.7 to sort out 99% of your problems
spagbog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, any more help out there? Might have to talk to Garmin, if they aren't helpful then its going back. This site seems to be the only help and information source for this unit. Garmin should have their own :x
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try Firmware 2.7? I'm still using 2.7 because each version after that has all sorts of lock up and lagging problems.
spagbog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

To my relief the internal poi's came back! :D
And there was no sticking either after 6 hours of driving. Laughing

Ok, getting better. But... the only icon (poi) that was displayed in map mode was "my home", none of the others showed ("food, hotels ect" or "custom points) no matter how close i was to them. I regularly drive past tesco and waitrose which show in custom points but not on the map unless i select "show map". I guess i would have the same problem with cameras when i get round to them too.

Is my unit defective or is there something i have overlooked?

Thanks for info, probably been covered but i dont have time to go through every single thread on the i3.
spagbog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention that i left the 3.10 version on as i am reluctant to roll back 4 versions. I find it difficult to understand that all 4 updates are more unstable than 2.7, we're not talking about pc software that has many implications but a unit that has few functions and simple poi's simple to manage. How could they get it so wrong with the "improved" versions??

Anyway fingers crossed and hope i get it sorted

Still open to ideas about the poi displays Rolling Eyes
sanaar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont take this the wrong way, but you are a newcomer to the forum.
Listen to other peoples experiences.
I assure you ver 2.7 is the most stable and Garmin HAVE got it wrong with
their supposed updates in versions.
As for the POIs, this is normal.
You wouldnt want the unit bonging its head off at every POI you approached.
Have a read at the threads re other peoples comments re software version number.
city navigator v9 (indexed and routeable
metroguide north america v6(indexed and routeable)
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I find it difficult to understand that all 4 updates are more unstable than 2.7,

With all due respect you have posted 7 posts so far. I've been here since before Xmas when 2.7 was the latest version. I've seen 2.82 Beta, 2.9, 3.0 and 3.1 - tried them all several times and 2.7 is the best version. All the others result in my i3 locking up and lagging badly. I'm not the only one either....

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=40581&start=150&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=39468&highlight=freezes

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=38544&highlight=freezes

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=39441&highlight=freezes

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=38296&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=freezes&start=180

Remember Garmin is also the company that rolled out the previous Version of POILoader where it gave you alerts to ALL your POIs even if you didn't want the alerts!! The latest version fixes that. Testing doesn't seem to be their strong point...
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and unless you specify Proximity Alerts in POILoader for the POIs they only show if you set them as a Destination or Via Point.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: