Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Silence a Speed Camera Warning? C210/C510/C710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Silence a Speed Camera Warning? C210/C510/C710

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FuzzyDuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Silence a Speed Camera Warning? C210/C510/C710 Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

In the manual for my C210 (yes I have a baby one too!) it mentions that you can tap the camera icon on the screen to stop the warning -- but I can't seem to make it work for any type of camera... the alarm just beeps and beeps -- has anyone got the "shut up" Wink feature to work on any of the models?

Thanks

Proud owner of:
Mio C620t (the new baby) and a Mio C510e
flyingscotsman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got the the safety mode turned on in general settings, if you have the touch screen will not operate while your vehicle is in motion
FuzzyDuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi flyingscotsman

No, the Safety Mode's off -- and there doesn't seem to be an answer on this one...

It looks like if the camera alert starts, you just have to wait til you've passed it before it silences... It would have been handy tho - especially for the cameras that aren't actually on the route!

Thanks

Proud owner of:
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off the M25 with the Specs cameras going off all round the junction with the A10. The Specs are the most annoying because they seem to just go on. I don't know if they need to be loaded to the map as a "start" camera then an "finish" one. Anyway it just kept going, so I tapped the screen on the camera icon and it stopped. Again, I don't know if this only happens with Specs?
FuzzyDuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex

Hmmm... I wonder if it's a software version issue? Which unit have you got and what's the software version? I've got an original C510 with v3.0 sw...

The issue happened again last night -- I joined the M60 "between" a pair of SPECS cameras -- and of course the beeping was then out of synch 8O Touching the cam indicator on screen only served to place the pointer on the map and pop up the bottom menu Rolling Eyes

My only option was to add an extra SPECS camera further down the motorway to fool the "pairing" ... although this is NOT recommended whilst hurtling down the motorway at 4am in a howling gale Stop!

Thanks

Proud owner of:
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palexr wrote:
Just got off the M25 with the Specs cameras going off all round the junction with the A10. The Specs are the most annoying because they seem to just go on. I don't know if they need to be loaded to the map as a "start" camera then an "finish" one. Anyway it just kept going, so I tapped the screen on the camera icon and it stopped. Again, I don't know if this only happens with Specs?

As far as I am aware the software does not differentiate between start and finish section cameras. The first one you encounter starts it beeping and the next one turns it off.

Which version of MioMap have you got ? Mine is 3.0 and tapping the section camera doesn't seem to turn off the beeping.

Regards

Roger
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could be software because there are features in the v3.2 User Manual online which do not work with my v3.0 - I can't edit or delete cameras, which is a feature in the manual - but when I try to edit, it simply adds an extra camera instead of changing the 'Add Cam' button to 'Edit Cam' as specified in the User Manual.

I'm hping that the forthcoming v3.2 update will address this issue as well as others like TMC
Peasemold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palexr wrote:

The only way I can turn off a specs camera warning where the 2nd camera doesn't exist is to exit Miomap and then re-launch it.

Has anyone with a hacking bent ever tried to modify these warning tones? The camera warning is particularly piercing and the over speed warning sounds like a pregnant turkey with piles. The latter is particularly irritating as many of the camera speeds are wrong (apart from being in Km/H).

Peasemold
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peasemold wrote:

The only way I can turn off a specs camera warning where the 2nd camera doesn't exist is to exit Miomap and then re-launch it.

.... (apart from being in Km/H).
Peasemold

If you are importing the PGPSW database then you can modify the data before importing it, with a text editor. For instance you can (a) search and replace all the "SPECS" labels with "GATSO" so it will only beep at the first camera and then at the last if there is one; or (b) change the speed limits to anuthing you like.

Sal
FuzzyDuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the over speed warning sounds like a pregnant turkey with piles

Peasemold

I LOVE IT!!! I was wondering how to describe that noise, now I know!!

Joker

Proud owner of:

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: