Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Cam database now working on C510 & C710!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Cam database now working on C510 & C710!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rondun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palexr wrote:

rondun,

yep, MAJ / Lag got me a bit confused till I understood that MAJ stads for Mise A Jour - Update - Doh!

Anyway, I have translated the French file and have saved it. I can PM it to you.

Alex you are a star! I've sent you a PM.

I tried this a bit earlier just to see if it would work - I changed the button to "GO!" - Laughing Out Loud!

Now if someone can point me in the right direction of a good site to post this file once its finished, which is quick and easy to upload and easy to access, plus won't get deleted after a couple of weeks I'd be grateful.
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent.

Be aware though that I am not that technically minded. So read through it and see if it makes sense. I did as direct a translation as I could.
rondun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex-

I'm more than halfway through and it all seems to make sense.
There may be the odd one or two "mis-understandings" that only come out through use, but I'm sure it'll be enough to get everyone started.

Hopefully I'll have it finished shortly, and we can all have it working in English tonight!

Ron :D
Swordsmaker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news :P , even though I have not been able to test it myself yet,

A couple of questions - How is the Country selection important, and can ithandle more than one country?
It appears possible to create a database using one country and add the cameras from another country if I rerun the program (selecting another country)

Never miosync again!
rondun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Finished! Reply with quote

OK - I'm done!

First off, I want to make it clear that I had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of this programme, so I have no idea how it works - I just know that it does!

All I've done, with the great help of Alex (Palexr) is to translate the programme into English. I tried my best to tidy it up, but there may be a few places where the text doesn't fit properly or make complete sense (its been translated twice!) - but it should get you started

It was found on another website by jilldris, and written by Ervius. So praise to Ervius (whoever you are)Not Worthy - please direct your questions in his direction!! There is a help function in the prog which should answer most of your questions

What you need to do:
    Download the file from the first post in this thread.
    Download the English language.txt file from here (this is just temporary until I can find somewhere better) You might need to right click and save as or whatever.
    Put this file into the config folder, overwriting the previous file.
    Get the PGPSW .asc files as described by Ceejay earlier in this thread, put them in the pdi folder and you're ready to go!
    Start up the programme and click Help for, well help.

Last, and certainly not least, and at the risk of sounding repetitive

REMOVE MIOSYNC FROM YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE YOU START

If the PGPSW database gets uploaded to the Mio one we're all in deep poodoo!

Enjoy!
Ron Wink
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that this is it complete with English language:

http://rapidshare.de/files/28018012/Miomap_v3-autovelox_updater-v3.3.rar.htmlModified=80107E84ACC0C601C5

Regards

Roger
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palexr wrote:

There appear to be some file in the pdi folder already
no_40 to no_80, not entirely sure what they are.

These are just example files. The help file explains that if you name your files similar to these then the speed limit value will be extracted from the filename and saved in the POIUpdate.upd file.

Regards

Roger
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: PGPSW Speed Cam database now working on C510 & C710! Reply with quote

rondun wrote:

Tried this and it works on my C710 too, warnings appear correct, but there is a lack of cams in my area to test the differences in mio vs PGPSW databases properly - maybe others can confirm.

PS - maye someone more knowledgable can explain the difference between the speedcams.mtc and the poiupdates.upd file?
Anyway, who cares - it seems to work!

The MioMap database is pretty poor, in my area there are seven cameras missing and of those that are in the database some are duplicated and others wrongly located.

I found that you can delete the speedcams.mtc original database and run with only the poiupdates.upd database. So if you import your speed camera database(s) of choice into poiupdates.upd and use this only then you have a much better and cleaner solution. You can even rename poiupdates.upd to speedcams.mtc and it still works fine.

Regards

Roger
rondun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:

http://rapidshare.de/files/28018012/Miomap_v3-autovelox_updater-v3.3.rar.htmlModified=80107E84ACC0C601C5

Regards

Roger

Ha ha - bloody typical Grrrr After all that effort!

Although the new version is good - you can automate the import process by including pocketgps_uk_gatso*.asc for type 1; pocketgps_uk_mobile*.asc & pocketgps_uk_temp*.asc for type 2 etc, etc.. in the config.txt file.

Quote:
You can even rename poiupdates.upd to speedcams.mtc and it still works fine

Couldn't seem to get that to work - but that would help solve Sallyann's concerns. I thought they were in different formats, though?
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
Couldn't seem to get that to work - but that would help solve Sallyann's concerns. I thought they were in different formats, though?

Sorry about that. I was working from memory, should have checked.
The files are in a slightly different format and you can't rename poiupdates.upd to speedcams.mtc.

Regards

Roger
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all.
I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this post, as you have helped me successfully install the PGPWS camera database into my unit.
and I can confirm all the warnings are working including the overspeed. :D :D :D

However (and there's always one),
What I have noticed is that the direction arrows seem to be set to the 4 way by default. When I've tried to edit these at various camera locations (only tried 7 x 30mph gatso's and 2 redlights so far but will give it a good test at the weekend) they still give me the wrong selection options with regards to the arrows.
I still only get left, right, left & right or the 4 way option, when what I really need is the up/down arrows.
I have tried the left/right options but then get no warning at all.
This doesn't happen at all locations, some do give me the up/down option. Confused

Other than that I am now one happy bunny.
So thank you all. Clap

CeeJay
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rondun wrote:
linknet wrote:

Regards

Roger

Ha ha - bloody typical Grrrr After all that effort!

Although the new version is good - you can automate the import process by including pocketgps_uk_gatso*.asc for type 1; pocketgps_uk_mobile*.asc & pocketgps_uk_temp*.asc for type 2 etc, etc.. in the config.txt file.

Quote:

Modesty asside for a moment, I think our English version is far superior :D

I had a look at the Language file for that one and it looks like it was translated from Norwegian to German to Italian to French to English - all through on line tools.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:
Hi to all.
IHowever (and there's always one),
What I have noticed is that the direction arrows seem to be set to the 4 way by default. When I've tried to edit these at various camera locations (only tried 7 x 30mph gatso's and 2 redlights so far but will give it a good test at the weekend) they still give me the wrong selection options with regards to the arrows.
I still only get left, right, left & right or the 4 way option, when what I really need is the up/down arrows.
I have tried the left/right options but then get no warning at all.
This doesn't happen at all locations, some do give me the up/down option. Confused
CeeJay

This is very clever software, the orientation of the arrows corresponds to the orientation of the map and the road on which the speed camera is located.
If you edit the same camera with the road hoizontal on the map then you get horizontal arrows, if you edit it with the road vertical then you get vertical arrows and of course all variations between.

Regards

Roger
jilldris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:

This is very clever software, the orientation of the arrows corresponds to the orientation of the map and the road on which the speed camera is located.
If you edit the same camera with the road hoizontal on the map then you get horizontal arrows, if you edit it with the road vertical then you get vertical arrows and of course all variations between.

Regards

Roger

I also have problem with getting the correct direction. I suspect that the problem appers when the camera location it set a few meters beside the road. This seems to confuse the software.

//Jilldris
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jilldris wrote:

I also have problem with getting the correct direction. I suspect that the problem appers when the camera location it set a few meters beside the road. This seems to confuse the software.//Jilldris

Bear in mind that the imported database does not specify camera directions, so you will alwys get warnings when approaching a camera from either direction. You can edit a camera in the Mio if you know that it's fixed in one direction only, but if you are that familiar with the camera then you don't need a warning anyway.
I can confirm that the poiupdate file is entirely different to the speedcams file. It has a record length of 40 characters per camera instead of 73 characters, and doesn't have checksums so is much easier to recreate.
I would hope that this will be only a temporary expedient until Mio see sense and provide a proper solution.
Sal

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: