Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Vent Clip for a GO 510 ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Vent Clip for a GO 510 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toshiba_copier_engineer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Vent Clip for a GO 510 ? Reply with quote

Hi to anyone who reads this Smile
i'm trying to find out if there is a vent clip available for the new GO 510 i just got from my insurance company ?

on monday someone ( possibly more ) kindly decided to smash all the near side windows on my car, they took my satnav from the glovebox Rolling Eyes ( i know a stupid place )
i've always had the craddle to it in the window, but was told by the police that they even look for the ring left by the sucker.

I knew parking in salford was a bad idea Confused i could park with my doors unlocked where i live if i chose to, but you need a pack of wild dogs left in your car up there by the look of it.

the only slight consolation for me is that i had a navman pin 500 & it was rubbish, it used to freeze / crash / send me the wrong way / try to send me down 1 way streets the wrong way , anyway the insurance's supplier said they didn't do navman & i'd have to have a GO 510 if it was ok.

i'm happy so far Smile

if anyone has a link to a supplier of vent clips or a phone number i'd greatly appreciate it.

cheers.
MELennium
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a vent clip would hold the weight of your 510.
Ex. owner TomTom One v.5.420 Map UK v.605
Ex. owner Garmin i3 v.2.7 Map UK V.7
TonyHoyle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodit do clips that will do the job, but they don't have an x10 mount yet. You can make one using ball joints.. there's a description how to do it on the yournav forum.

As an alternative you can get sticky pads from ebay that the suction mount grips to so you can put it on your dashboard... just looks like a cup holder from the outside (don't think the pondlife have worked out what they are yet...)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: