Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Favorites and Map switching
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorites and Map switching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugeyewrx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Favorites and Map switching Reply with quote

Hi ,

I've got tom tom running on a hp ipaq and I was wondering if you can copy your favorites between the maps ie from GB map to GB plus map etc , also can you back them up either to a pc of another file on the ipaq .

Also when you drive from country to country does tom tom switch maps automatically ?

Also :D if I'm going to drive from a location in say Germany to one in France when neither is shown on the plus map how do I do it ?

Thanks in advance ,

Martin :D
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Favorites and Map switching Reply with quote

bugeyewrx wrote:
I've got tom tom running on a hp ipaq and I was wondering if you can copy your favorites between the maps ie from GB map to GB plus map etc , also can you back them up either to a pc of another file on the ipaq .
They are stored in the .CFG, so they you can certainly back that file up. I imagine that you could copy that file from folder to folder, but I'd back the original up, just in case :D. However, most people would suggest that you convert these to a New POI group that you can easily backup and copy from device to device.
bugeyewrx wrote:
Also when you drive from country to country does tom tom switch maps automatically ?
If you are using the Plus map it will stay on the same map, if using non-Plus, then no you'll need to change manually.
bugeyewrx wrote:
Also :D if I'm going to drive from a location in say Germany to one in France when neither is shown on the plus map how do I do it ?
If you mean that when using a Plus map, there is not enough detail to see your start and destination points, then you'll need to pick the closest available points. Once you get within a reasonable range, you'll need to switch to the local map.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
bugeyewrx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that BGF

I have figured out how to do the POI thing but can't find the .CFG file ? would be handy to back them up as they seem to get lost occasionally .

Martin
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
was wondering if you can copy your favorites between the maps ie from GB map to GB plus map
You haven't got both GB maps installed have you?

The .cfg file is found in the map folder on your SD Card. You will find one in each countries folder.

Put an empty folder on to your SD Card and name it something like 'MyBits'. Go to one of the map folders, right click and copy the .cfg file then paste into your 'MyBits' folder. Do this for each map you have installed. Should something go wrong, all you need to do is copy them back from the 'MyBits' folder. Smile

Quote:
Also if I'm going to drive from a location in say Germany to one in France when neither is shown on the plus map how do I do it ?
Normally you would only need one Plus map installed e.g.

I travel from GB to France fairly often. I installed the GB map and the France plus map. When leaving GB I choose the France plus map, set my destination, and am guided over the MRE through GB and on arrival in France I have Street level, without switching maps, and choose Navigate to Home for my return journey.

However, if you regularly travel between GB, France and Germany, then you would need both the France and German plus maps installed.
bugeyewrx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote] You haven't got both GB maps installed have you?[/quote]

Only while I figured out how to copy the favorites across !

Thanks for the info on the .CGF files Lost Property Wink

Martin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: