Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fugawi on Palm - grrrr
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fugawi on Palm - grrrr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goepf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Fugawi on Palm - grrrr Reply with quote

I found a very "cheap" Fugawi offer on the internet in the US (50 USD). Unfortunately it was a pretty old version...
Donwloaded the latest update but I couldn't activate the Palm. As the (old) version was still "new" enough fro free update, Fugawi sent me a reg.code. Installation on Palm did work. But if I try to sync or copy maps to the Palm, the Hotsync program crashes all the time (overflow error message at the end of the fugawi map sync....) and then ctrl-alt-del, restart, restart palm, etc...

Has anybody had similar problems (or an idea for a solution) Question Question

thanks a lot
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have not had the same experience, but if you search on you PC you will find some .fx4 files. These are the map files to be used on the PDA. If you copy these to the storecard either using the HotSync or just straight if you have a card reader then that should get you going.

What Palm are you using? I havent had any experience of the palm, but that will be changing soon, when we will be able to do reviews for both Palm and PocketPC software.
goepf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the clue...

I had to download a new version of a .DLL (i found that on the german Fugawi site, no find on the Canadian Fugawi site...) and that fixed the problem.

PS: I use a Tungsten T
seguima
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goepf wrote:
I found the clue...

I had to download a new version of a .DLL (i found that on the german Fugawi site, no find on the Canadian Fugawi site...) and that fixed the problem.

PS: I use a Tungsten T

Hi - I'm having similar problems with my Palm - when the sync gets to the Fugawi conduit, it just stops! (no message, nothing, it just gives up). Can you tell me where you got the updated dll file?

Thanks
andybryant
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to solve the same issue.
ajdelore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't waste your time... Getting Fugawi working on the palm is nothing but a waste of time, the palm software is barely-usable garbage. It is terribly slow and crashes often, bad at holding a bluetooth connection, and importing map files is time-consuming and annoying.

IMHO, bitmapped maps are way too big to be practical on the palm, not at all scaleable, and contain no data (ie place names or elevations). PalmOS devices need to be able to use vector-based map data before they can be useful.

If you're really serious about using your Palm, PathAway is 10 times better, although still it is only the best of a pretty mediocre lot for PalmOS.

I gave up completely and just bought a Garmin mapping GPS. I still use Fugawi on the desktop.

Regards,
Anthony
boom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just installed the new Fugawi UK v2 on a Tungsten W. Bizarrely I cannot get the zoom function (ostensibly accessible using the navigation buttons) to work. Anybody else had this? Also, there doesn't seem to be a way of transferring converted maps directly to the SD card.....I've emailed Fugawi support so will post if I get an answer from them.
jimbaab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Fugawi crashes Palm HotSync Reply with quote

Hi,
UI have the problem mentioned in this thread that when I try to HotSync Fugawi to my Palmone T3, it crashes the HotSync every time.
I have the latest version of Fugawi 3.1.4. It installs OK, the Palm prc is installed OK, the conduit is installed OK. But after the initial sunc to install those parts, all subsequent syncs fail and crash the hotsytnc manager. Even if there are no maps to transfer.
I have contacted Fugawi, and got no real help - they now want me to telephone their Canadian desk to talk it through. Well, I may do that, but their denial of problem is not likely to improve whaen I talk to them in my opinion.
I note someone earlier in the thread fixed this by changing "a dll" that was downloaded from the German Fugawi site. Can yopu tell me which DLL and exactly where it was downloaded from - I've looked but cannot find it.

As for the later comment - don't bother with Fugawi on a Palm - point taken but I still want to fix this as a matter of principal now. I actually think I will end up using Touratech QV and Pathaway 3 -which are both excellent products.
Any help appreciated,
J
:wq
missing_user

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you following:-
http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54006
http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53789

The Garmin iQue 3600 and the T3 are similar
BBB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this off track but ...

kinda makes me glad I went Anquet

How is the elevation data on the Fugawi?

Look for a localised peak and switch the cursor to show height

coincide the two and compare values

BBB
rrotten
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: What type of maps Reply with quote

I am new to this, so am having problems loading maps to my SD card. Palm tungsten t, fugawi version 3, and using raster maps of oz. What format do they have to be in, and do I have to calibrate them on my pc first. I have been sending them my SD card with a reader, no problems. Unfortunately fugawi on the palm doesn't open the maps that I am sending.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: