Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI import in C710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI import in C710
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ernest_mio wrote:

I now have all the original POIs plus the imported merged file. Some duplications but I can lib=ve with that - until SallyAnn works out how to edit the original Mio file Wink Wink

Sorry, but I haven't promised to work on the iGO.db file, as there are no POI's that interest me other than cameras which as you know are stored separately

However If I was going to edit the iGO file, I would get a copy of this:
http://sqlite-wince.sourceforge.net/about.html
and load it on to the unlocked Mio.

Regarding the cameras, I may have something to reveal before toooo long, but I need to see Miomap 3.2 first.

Sal
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SallyAnne - it was a bit of a wind up as your previous posts clearly identify your not interested in POI only Speed cameras.

Thanks for the advise about the editing the file - but having screwed my C710 up once already I'm keeping well clear of unlock mods at the moment.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem!
But don't worry about unlocking the 710. If anything goes wrong you can simply reinstall from the CD's. I don't think anyone has everr damaged the device.

Sal
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what I had to do.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm sorry but i must have the blonde sindrome Laughing (no offense).
I know that I have backed up the POIs on my MIO C710 before but i must be forgetting a step. Crying or Very sad

I get the iGO.db file from the Mio.
I then use poiconvert and select (iGO.db to iGO.kml)
I end up with a iGO.kml file which I cannot open with POIedit. Rolling Eyes

I can used notepad to view the code a sample at the start looks like this:
(I've changed the "<" to "(" and vice versa)

(?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?)
(kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.0")
(Folder)
(name)iGO POI(/name)
(Folder)
(name)Audi Dealers(/name)
(Placemark)
(name)Audi at 151 Kyle Street(/name)
(description)(/description)
(Style)(IconStyle)(Icon)
(href)http://my.pdamill.com/~fable/igopoi.bmp(/href)
(y)810(/y)(w)30(/w)(h)30(/h)
(/Icon)(/IconStyle)(/Style)
(ZoomLevel)4096(/ZoomLevel)
(Point)
(coordinates)-4.245910,55.868111,0(/coordinates)
(/Point)

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or is anything wrong. The fact is that I cannot remember how to convert from KML to ASC so that I can put it in ASC folder and continue using the previously posted instructions I was given. 8O

Dave
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct - it will not work

Download your Audi file in whatever format is available - then convert to ascii and store in the POIconvert ASC folder. I use the Save As function of POIEdit

Run IGO_POI and this shoudl find your audi.asc file in the ASC folder.

Select the file

Select the ICON

Then press create IGO.KML

EXIT

Then run POICONVERT.exe

Encode IGO.KML to IGO.DB

You should see the audi file in the DOS box.

Then transfer to Mio using bluetooth/USB hack
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ernest_mio wrote:

Download your Audi file in whatever format is available - then convert to ascii and store in the POIconvert ASC folder. I use the Save As function of POIEdit

Select the file

Select the ICON

EXIT

Then run POICONVERT.exe

Encode IGO.KML to IGO.DB

Thank you Ernest but I this you have mis-understood me.
I am trying to add POIs to what I have exsisting on my MIO.
For example on my MIO I have a POI catergory called Friends. I have made additions to this catergory on my MIO so would like to keep this whilst adding more POI caterories from places like POIhandler.
If I was to add the Audi dealer iGO file then I thought this would overwrite what I have exsisting.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dee
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeJay01 wrote:
ernest_mio wrote:

Select the file

Select the ICON

EXIT

Then run POICONVERT.exe

Encode IGO.KML to IGO.DB

Thank you Ernest but I this you have mis-understood me.
I am trying to add POIs to what I have exsisting on my MIO.
For example on my MIO I have a POI catergory called Friends. I have made additions to this catergory on my MIO so would like to keep this whilst adding more POI caterories from places like POIhandler.
If I was to add the Audi dealer iGO file then I thought this would overwrite what I have exsisting.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dee

Your spot-on - I have just successfully managed to delete my POIs and replace them with audi dealers.... Sad Crying or Very sad
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it using iGO POI explorer - its not as straight forward as you would like. However, I have managed to recover my "lost" POIs plus added the audi dealerships as well phew....

Download the application from: http://inetcom.hu/mick/igo/

You will need .Net services installed on your PC to make it work.
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
ernest_mio wrote:

I now have all the original POIs plus the imported merged file. Some duplications but I can lib=ve with that - until SallyAnn works out how to edit the original Mio file Wink Wink

Sorry, but I haven't promised to work on the iGO.db file, as there are no POI's that interest me other than cameras which as you know are stored separately

However If I was going to edit the iGO file, I would get a copy of this:
http://sqlite-wince.sourceforge.net/about.html
and load it on to the unlocked Mio.

Regarding the cameras, I may have something to reveal before toooo long, but I need to see Miomap 3.2 first.

Sal

Sally,
Have you got any ideas on re-merging the exsisting iGO.db file with more additional POIs from sites like POIhandler.
Or
Have you got any info on how to install the SQLite software. I have never used it before and have no idea on how to use it.

Dave
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Result Found Reply with quote

I have found the result that I have been looking for at the following website:
www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=70688

1: Download the Mio Transfer Hack to access the complete file system on your Mio: http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/Mio_Transfer_Hack.zip.
2: Download iGO_POI.zip from http://pdi.romania.googlepages.com/igo2006 to your PC.
3: Download poiconvert.exe from http://www.pdamill.com/~fable/poiconvert.exe to your PC.
4: Put poiconvert.exe in the same directory as the executable for iGO_POI.exe.
5: Fetch the file iGO.db from your Mio using the Mio Transfer Hack. It is located in the catalogue "My Flash Disk/MIOMAP/MIOMAP/".
6: Make a copy of iGO.db on your computer, just in case anyting goes wrong...
7: Put iGO.db in the same catalogue as poiconvert.exe and run poiconvert.exe. Press Decode iGO.db to iGO.kml.
8: Poiconvert creates the file iGO.kml (which Google Earth can read ), rename it to, for example, "original_igo.kml".
9: Download the POI:s you want to put in the Mio to the subdirectory ASC which is located in the directory were you installed iGO_POI. iGO_POI reads .asc files in which the lines should look something like this:

13.15810, 55.37239, "OKQ8:Etanol E85"

If you download a file that is in another format, try to convert it using for example POIEdit.
10: Run iGO_POI and follow the instructions, a new iGO.kml will be created.
11: Open iGO.kml wiht a text editor and replace all "&" with "and" (or whatever word you translate "and" to in your language ).
12: Copy the contents of your "original_igo.kml" to the new igo.kml using a text edtor. KML is an XML format, and if you are unsure how to handle that, I am sure there is plenty of info in other places on the net, and that I don't have to exlpain that here...
13: Run poiconvert again and this time you press Encode... and a new iGO.db will be created.
14: Replace the iGO.db on your Mio with the one you just created.
15: Finished!

Dee
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeJay01 wrote:

Sally,
Have you got any ideas on re-merging the exsisting iGO.db file with more additional POIs from sites like POIhandler.
Or
Have you got any info on how to install the SQLite software. I have never used it before and have no idea on how to use it.
Dave

There are two ways of using SQLite, one is to use the original PC version and copy the data over to the Mio. The other is to use the WinCE version of SQLite that you can install and run on an unlocked Mio. You can find both versions with a quick Google.
BUT if you don't have any experience of SQL then I'm sure the method shown by Dee is the way to go.

Sal
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
DeeJay01 wrote:

Sally,
Or
Dave

There are two ways of using SQLite, one is to use the original PC version and copy the data over to the Mio. The other is to use the WinCE version of SQLite that you can install and run on an unlocked Mio. You can find both versions with a quick Google.
BUT if you don't have any experience of SQL then I'm sure the method shown by Dee is the way to go.

Sal

Thanks Sally
The only thing is I am Dee.
I found that proccess last night. The only thing that I dont like about it is that it is very long winded and after rebooting your MIO you have to then change the Time, Date, Show or hide the POIs that you want, (Basically rest it back up like you would after a Hard reset). I'm just looking for another way of handling this problem.

Dee (or Dave)
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Dee/Dave. I was confused by your two sigs.

As you have discovered, all the user settings are saved in that one file so if you tamper with it you are going to have troubles. If you do look inside it there is some interesting stuff tucked away. One day...

Sal
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing with a tool called SQLite Manager 2, which has a very user-friendly interface, much easier than using a normal SQL command-line program.

If you copy the igo.db file to your PC, you can use SQLite Manager to examine and edit all of the data stored in the database including your own POI's.

I've been using the free version of the program which is limited to 20 data rows. If you want the unlimited version to import all your POI's there is a cost of $39.

http://www.sqlabs.net/sqlitemanager.php

Sal

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: