Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Some c510e questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Some c510e questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DracUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Some c510e questions Reply with quote

Could someone answer the following queries regarding the c510e please

1 How many favourites can it store?
2 How big an sd card is needed for the Europe Maps?
3 Is the Europe Maps Seamless (ie can you navigate from uk to anywhere in Europe door to door without switching maps)?or are they split into regions?
4 Would the sound level be heard in Scania Truck 06 reg so fairly quiet engine noise as trucks go

Thanks
DracUK
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DracUK.
Perhaps the 510 users are 'navigating' all over the countryside being a weekend and all.
I'm running the C710 but I'll try to answer your questions.

1. This baby doesn't handle favourites as you know it.
You have to create your own POI categories and add your contacts. This can be done two ways. Either synchronise with Microsoft Outlook and transfer all your contacts or enter them manually.
Then you just get used to searching POI's instead of Favourites (as in TT and Garmin units).
It allows you to store 2 of what Mio call favourites. These are Home & Work (not much use if you're a lorry driver!).
I've just trawled the manual and can find no mention of how many POI's of your own you can add, but it does say there are thousands of POI's to choose from so you could possibly delete the unused categories to make space for your own, if you ever needed to.

2. Just checked the DVD and all of Europe is 910MB, so a 1GB card should suffice.

3. European maps are seamless (door to door navigation without switching maps).

4. Sound level is up there with TT and way louder than Garmin.
I'm using mine in a diesel car at about 40% of full volume when driving with windows open, could get away with even less when they're closed. :D
It also has 'dynamic volume' which is user adjustable. The faster you go the louder it gets. (up to Max. of course).

Hope this helps.
Any other queries just holler, by which time the 510 users may be back from their jaunts. Laughing

CeeJay.
DracUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ceejay very helpful.

Could I trouble you to check an address for me? Is Dolphin Way, Purfleet on the maps.I am trying to find out how upto date the maps are compared to TTs latest. Dolphin Way is only on TomToms new x10 maps.

Thanks again

DracUK
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can answer that one. I found Dolphin Way in Purfleet on my c710 (same maps).

cheers
alex

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: