Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cases for the mio C510 / 710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cases for the mio C510 / 710
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Cases for the mio C510 / 710 Reply with quote

I dont know what you all keep your mio`s in but I had a look on e-bay the other day and saw some "book" style leather cases on there for the 510 and 710, you can also put two memory cards in there. I recieved mine this morning, well made and also includes a belt clip.

Just in case (pardon the pun) someone is looking for one, I know they have them on the mio-tech site but they are out of stock and a bit expensive.

Regards....Dil

Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Cases for the mio C510 / 710 Reply with quote

Dilcymro wrote:
I dont know what you all keep your mio`s in but I had a look on e-bay the other day and saw some "book" style leather cases on there for the 510 and 710, you can also put two memory cards in there. I recieved mine this morning, well made and also includes a belt clip.
Regards....Dil

Sounds very like the excellent zip-up case that came in the box with my 710. Didn't you get one?

Sal
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sal.

If my memory serves me correctly they do not supply a case with the 510. 8O 8O 8O
Bit poor IMO for devices like these.
They should be supplied as standard.
Listen up Mio.

Rant over.

CeeJay
anarchyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:x Hear Hear Ceejay, i totally agree! Laughing Out Loud im loving my C510 at the moment and although i aint travelled with it yet, im so impressed with the inital setup & its mapping software.
FuzzyDuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my C510 didn't come with a case either Sad but I found a soft neoprene camera case in PC World of all places that is great!

It's called "Tucano [Camera Second Skin]" The C510 slips in nicely and the velcro fastens securely over the front of the screen area so it's well padded. If you have the wrist-strap attached to the C510 too, it's very portable. It was about £9 -- and I only bought it to "make do" and haven't seen any reason to change it!!

I don't think the "purple shirts" in PC World were too happy with me opening all their blister packs to try the cases, but when they saw the C510, boy were they surprised! Especially at the speed and quality of graphics - one spotty "yoof" nearly wet himself when I showed him the tilt and zoom speed in cockpit mode!! :D Bless

Proud owner of:
Mio C620t (the new baby) and a Mio C510e
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:
Hi Sal.
If my memory serves me correctly they do not supply a case with the 510.
Bit poor IMO for devices like these.
They should be supplied as standard.
Listen up Mio.
CeeJay

Sorry but I have to defence Mitac here. They do two models - the 510 is the basic one at minimum price and the 710 has the extras at a higher price. Various people have said on here that it's not worth paying the extra for the 710, which is fine. You get what you pay for and shouldn't complain.
With BOTH models you get a better product at less cost than the competition

Sal
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:

With BOTH models you get a better product at less cost than the competition

Sal

I have to agree with that. :D

CeeJay
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, as ceejay said , the 510E does not come with a case, I fancied the one on the mitac site but it wasnt in stock and on having a look on ebay I found the same thing slightly cheaper.

Today I got the chance to use the 510 properly, finding my way to some places and boy it was spot on, aproaching roundabouts was no bother good instructions and the exit I required showing in the corner. Very impressed and even Thomas sounded ok.

The only thing I have noticed, if someone can help me out here is that when in cockpit mode it shows the speed limit on the road you are on, now when comming towards the town today it showed 60mph but it carried on showing this when I entered the 40mph area and then the 30mph, it didnt move off this at all. Is this due to the mio mapping or is there something I can change anywhere.

Can someone please explain what the tilt and zoom facility is please. I have seen it mentioned a few times but dont know how and when to use it.

Thanks....DIL
anarchyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dilcymro

I think the zoom & tilt optios are on the map itself, look slightly to the left and there should be 4 icons, theyre zoom in, zoom out, tilt in and tilt out. Hope this helps mate.

As for the situation regarding approaching certain areas from 60mph to 40mph and so on, im not sure maybe`s it depends where you are & with the satellites position. I know where i work in a very busy city centre with a lot of buildings around me on either side, i cant get signal on most gps although im not sure whether this would be the case for the mio`s as we dont sell them.

Anyways, im gonna try n use mine now for first time since getting my lovely new shiny C510 yesterday.
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply anarchyuk, The 60mph is just like a road sign which shows when in cockpit mode, I was just wondering why it doesnt change to the other speeds when I reach a 40mph or 30mph area on the road.
Sats reception was spot on, live out in the sticks here remember....mind you it could be them sheep again Laughing

What is the purpose of the tilt and zoom then? please.

Regards....DIL
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dilcymro

I have found that the speed signs you mention are not that accurate, so I just ignore them now.
They must be in the mapping software as there are no user adjustable settings for these.
Good idea, but needs more work on Mio/iGo's part.

With regards to the tilt & zoom, you will find that if you turn off the Smartzoom you can tilt the map anywhere from 3D through to 2D and the view will stay where you leave it.
It's another personal preference that I love about this thing, unlike others that automatically zoom back to default settings after 5 seconds.
Some people like 3D when viewing maps others like 2D. With tilt & zoom you can have anything in between as well. :D
Nice feature IMO.

CeeJay.
FuzzyDuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilcymro wrote:
...I was just wondering why it doesnt change to the other speeds when I reach a 40mph or 30mph area on the road.

....DIL
Hi Dil,

I was reading in another forum that the digital mapping companies have been adding the road speed data to their maps for some time, but only a few of the SatNav units have displayed them -- I think it's a brave move on Mio's part to include them... but the accuracy (inaccuracy?) of the data is down to the mapping -- and that would appear to be a TeleAtlas issue

The same goes for the the supplied POI database, as end users WE have to report error on the maps and POI's directly to the mapping companies... It's a pain but the more of us who do it, the better the next generation of the maps should be Wink

If you want to report issues to TeleAtlas they have a clunky Beta website: http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/cfl?ClientId=MapInsight&Language=en&PlaceFindCountry=USA&PlaceFindPlace=Boston&PlaceFindAdministrativeArea=MA

I've started reporting on badly placed POI's (especially Petrol Stations Evil or Very Mad) and road speeds -- oh, and double roundabouts that are VERY badly mapped Surprised

Proud owner of:
Mio C620t (the new baby) and a Mio C510e
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys, now I`ll know what you are on about with your tilts and zooms, will give it a go when I am out and about .

Is it better to navigate in cockpit mode or map mode, or if am on a "route to" will that only be in cockpit mode.

Thanks again....Dil
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dil.
Me again.
Cockpit mode gives you some useful information like ETA, time, current speed, next turn etc. whereas in map mode the map fills the whole screen so you do not get this 'extra' information.
It's all down to personal preference.
I think the manual suggests using cockpit mode when navigating but it's entirely up to you, just hit the menu button on the side and select either cockpit or map view, even after a 'route to'.
I'm always chopping and changing between both views and both work well. :D

CeeJay
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply ceejay....this menu button on the side, when I press it all I get is a bleep and nothing else happens, will try again in a minute though.

Cheers....Dil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: