Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New TomTom/forum user - a few questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New TomTom/forum user - a few questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meistre
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: New TomTom/forum user - a few questions Reply with quote

I just purchased a TomTom 910 because I was so impressed at the store with what it could do that my Garmin Quest could not. After using the TomTom for a couple of days now, I can also see what it lacks that the Garmin was very good at.

Anyway, I'm looking for some advice and guidance from some of the experienced TomTom users. The first and most annoying things I've been up against to begin with are:

1. TomTom Home crashes all the time. I can't finish a backup and most installations won't finish without crashing either. I tried upgrading to the latest version (v.1.2) but then it fails to see my model of TomTom and won't allow me to upload music or photos.

2. Is there any way to get inside of a POI to actually see where it is before I choose to navigate there. That is, say I'm looking for a Starbucks along my route of travel, how can I tell whether the POIs in the list are ahead of me or behind me?

3. I loaded John Cleese's voice but he won't tell me which side of the street my POI is on when I arrive. Are there voices that will do that? Maybe the Garmin spoiled me!??!

4. Does TomTom support ever answer their emails?

Thanx to all and I hope to be talking with you all now and then.

- dAn
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Can't answer that one I'm afraid as I've never experience those problems.

2. If you are already travelling along a Planned Route, use Find Alternative | Travel Via ... | Point of Interest | POI along Route | Category Type.

The List displyed will show those actual on your Route as Straight Green Arrows, those just off the Route as Bent Green Arrows (about 400 yards off Route), and those further Off Route as Bent Yellow Arrows. Those without Arrows are usually behind you, or even further afield.

3. The answer is that the Garmin spoilt you. There is no facility within TT to announce more than the proximity to a POI.Sad

4. Yes, eventually. Have you tried phoning? Your Profile doesn't show which Country you are in, but in the UK it's 0845 1610009

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: