Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I miss my 910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I miss my 910
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so upset with Tomtom.
I wrote to enquire when my unit would be returned as it is now 2 weeks without it.
Got this reply.

Please be advised that the repair is currently on hold as we are waiting for new parts to come in. We will get your device repaired as soon as we possible can. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience in this matter.
I wrote back saying it really was not good enough and that I paid goods money and did not expect to have to wait for a part to come in - got this reply!

Once again, we apologize for the delay in repairing your TomTom. Unfortunately, we simply do not have the part we need to repair your device in stock at the moment; as soon as we do, we will get your device repaired and sent out to you as quickly as possible. We do not have a definitive date for when you will be receiving your TomTom back from repair.

I just feel that they have me over a barrel with this and there is nothing I can do.
They even had the cheek to send me a survey form to fill in!
forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having exactly the same problems as you Jean.

I am so hacked off with TT I have spoken to trading standards who told me they are looking into it

How on earth can a company og this magnitude have no spares. I think it is B******T.

Samsung Galaxy S9 (o2) contract
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also passed on all the details to our local trading standards officer Forky so hoping that they might get somewhere although I won't hold my breath!
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really am not sure what else I can do - when I contact tomtom they say they are waiting for a part. When I contact Easy Devices, they say they will try and speed things up - none of this is helping me get my sat nav or a refund back.
I have been witout now for a month - not fair when I paid £500 for two months usage.
Anyone got any suggestions of where I can go next to try and get this sorted?
TonyHoyle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a refund, go elsewhere and by another one.

You've got more patience than me.. I'd have got the lawyers involved by now.
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish it was that easy!
They are not forthcoming with a refund - saying that it can be repaired.
That is why I have gone to trading standards. Cannot afford the cost of lawyers!
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too love my 910, but in truth it is a total load of boll...s.
I don't like to see us all coating off our units or TomTom, but in all honesty we can't keep on standing behind a company that couldn't give a rat's arse about any of us.
If trading standards were to get their products banned for sale here then we might get something that is tantamount to a saleable product in the future.
It really is a shame that this gripe seems to go on and on, and shame on TomTom for treating us all with disdain.
TonyHoyle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made a mistake accepting a repair IMO - I always stand my ground on that one (repairs don't have the same guarantee as a replacement).

Hopefully trading standards will sort it out for you - your vendor is primarily at fault and should have issued a replacement by now.
TonyHoyle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the link I was looking for -

http://www.compactlaw.co.uk/free_legal_information/consumer_law/consumq1.html
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help - great link.
I got a reply from Easy devices saying that the part should be in by the end of the week then they will clear the backlog! That doesn't help me and my problem! I have written back and asked under the 'sale of goods act' for a refund as I cannot afford to wait till they clear their backlog and as the contract was with them they should sort it for me.
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update!
After the email I sent to Easy Devices I have just had an email from tomtom with a tracking number saying it has been sent out today! Not sure if it is a new one or the other one repaired. Will be interesting to se what arrives!
At least something is happening.
forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jean

it will be a replacement as I have just got it back and guess what there is a 12mm scratch in the bottom left of the screen so I know it isn't my original. Have sent TT an email stating that I want another undamaged unit. I am so hacked off with this company.

Samsung Galaxy S9 (o2) contract
kalvin928s4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: fed up with my p910!!!! Reply with quote

ive had probs with mine now.... every week on one day only, from startup the screen is all messed up with lines etc and about 1/5th of the screen can be seen, pressing on the other parts of the screen still activates the various controls on the display.....and sound etc all work but you can only see about a fifth!!!!!!! found out by repeatedly taping the unit with a pen etc the full screen comes back on..... but then it goes back to its original state........ this occurs for 20 minutes then after its fine..... for another 6 days...... no probs whatsoever. Contacted tomtom now to arrange collection but really need the unit for my work. Have decided to buy a s/h 300 and use until my p910 comes back the resell it. Other than that I love it to bits but its a pity my s.ericsson p910 bluetooth is incompatiable with the p910.

anyway cheers
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I received a 910 from Holland.
So far so good - it does look new and they stated in a letter that my old one was not repairable so they have sent a new one.
Keeping fingers crossed and now downloading and updating it.
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE

After trialling this one for a few days I encountered horrendous problems with it.
The sound kept cutting out - the planner kept sticking.Phone wouldn't connect. Loads of other bits and pieces going wrong with it.
I then contacted Easy Devices and they have now replaced it with a new sealed box of contents.

I have opened it and so far so good but one problem.

With my first model my motorola E550 connected to it no problems. With my second one it didn't and so far it is not connecting to this new one.
I have checked on the tomtom site and my phone isnt listed but seems strange it worked on the first 910 I had.
Any ideas?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: