Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life goes on and this has been the best bit of software I ever bought .

Thanks Ash. Very Happy

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to second that.

Ash10 - A fantastic bit of software which works away in the background updating the speed cams ready for whenever I hook up my Nuvis to my PC. Works flawlessly - hopefully you'll continue to develop your program to the benefit of all at PGPSW.

Cheers and thanks again
mhvideos
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked perfectly on XP now since updating to Windows 7 64 bit I cannot get CM to log into my account. The current method did work on XP and I can log into the PGPSW website successfully. Your help would be much appreciated. I am a past donator and will do so again if I can get this to work.

Martin
Steve148
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks to Ash Reply with quote

A fantastic little utility, I still use it every week.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhvideos wrote:
Worked perfectly on XP now since updating to Windows 7 64 bit I cannot get CM to log into my account. The current method did work on XP and I can log into the PGPSW website successfully. Your help would be much appreciated. I am a past donator and will do so again if I can get this to work.

Martin

Right click the exe file before you run it, select Properties and select the Compatibility Tab. Tick the box for XP SP3. Also tick Run As An Administrator.
mhvideos
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your suggestion PaulB2005. I have tried that and there is no difference. However I have XP mode in a virtual PC within my Windows 7. I have just tried that and it works.

Martin
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Ash10's Camera Manager Software Reply with quote

There seems to be a problem...

I get "Error opening 'pgpsw-speed-cams-uk.zip" for reading"

and

"Error opening 'output.csv' for reading"

but doing a little digging, it seems to be caused by the program failing to retrieve a file from: http://www.zen19255.zen.co.uk - which doesn't seem to exist any more Exclamation

I take it I'm not the only one seeing this error Question

»
digitalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: There is a problem! Reply with quote

Same here Phil.

Suspect is has something to do with PGPSW website transfer to new server. Hope they are going to continue with support for Ash's Camera Manager.

Hopefully just teething troubles...

On a separate note, has anyone else managed to fix the old issue of POI Loader not being recognised by CM (and auto-cancelling the flashing reminder icon)? There was a fix suggested back in March last year but it didn't work for me. I can see that the space needs to be taken out of Poi Loader, but where exactly? In the shortcut properties or the .exe file properties? Neither helps for me (using Windows 7)

Thanks
Arf-RS
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Been using Camera Manager for over 2 years with no problems but i am now getting error messages as above ...

"Error opening 'pgpsw-speed-cams-uk.zip" for reading"

and

Just wondering if anybody knows how to fix it

Thanks
ManicMic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arf-RS wrote:
"Error opening 'pgpsw-speed-cams-uk.zip" for reading"

and

I'm getting exactly the same problem. Confused
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: There is a problem! Reply with quote

digitalker wrote:
Same here Phil.

Suspect is has something to do with PGPSW website transfer to new server. Hope they are going to continue with support for Ash's Camera Manager.

Hopefully just teething troubles...

I think you're right - the 'zen' web site lookup failure might just be due to the fact that I've never upgraded from V3.0 of the program.

This is what I've done to get it working for now:

• Delete any existing pgpsw-speed-cams-uk.zip from Camera Manager's directory.
  • Fire up Camera Manager - and right-click Tray Icon. Select TomTom - this will generate error messages, as before.
  • Manually download the required file from: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras&op=DownloadPackage&idPackage=388. I believe this is classified as: "Other-CSV" | "UK-Single file for all Cameras", if you want to select it manually.
  • When prompted, save it in Camera Manager's Directory as pgpsw-speed-cams-uk.zip
  • Right-click Camera Manager Tray Icon and choose 'Garmin'. Hopefully, it should now burst into life...

I think those are the steps I followed... Confused
deeranwith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Server problem Reply with quote

I also have had the error message on trying to download and open the source zip file.

The renaming of the manual download worked fine for me. So I think it is an issue of file name not being accepted by the Camera Manager routine.
Sad
Steve148
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Me Too.... Reply with quote

Manually renaming to "pgpsw-speed-cams-uk.zip" works as an interim process, but this is going to be a huge pain in the arse.

I've hugely appreciated Ash's utility, and made a donation to reflect that, but if he's not maintaining it anymore then the time may be nigh to move on.
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Errors since Server move... Reply with quote

҈
Dear Pocket GPS World staff:

Can you confirm that this has, in fact, been caused by the move to the new Server; and if so, will you be mending it?

[I'm assuming that the URL the program references: (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras&op=DownloadPackage&idPackage=388), used to return the actual file (pgpsw-speed-cams-uk.zip), whereas now it returns a web page that contains a 'meta' redirect to the download page.]

(edit: Made the URL into an actual link)
Code:
meta http-equiv=refresh content=0;url=/temp/users/pgpsw-speed-cams-xyzzy-(14-034).zip

Last edited by PhilHornby on Wed May 29, 2013 1:39 am; edited 2 times in total
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Not relevant. Deleted by AoH.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 70 of 77

Jump to: