Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you give us some clue as to what you have done and what is happening (error messages etc) it is going to be difficult to help you. It works for many others.
keeny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok fair comment, in the settings page , sort by camera type
Add speed camera direction warning
separate out approach and over speed
Are greyed out, so no input possible.

In the directories, i have a folder on my desktop which garmin poi loader uses in which i have extracted the zip file and also have the zip file in there.
this is where i have set the poi directory, however in the fields : current database and last checked, it also shows the same address as my poi directory which in my case is: c:\user\chris\desktop\latest speed cams.

I have the warning: error opening ppgpsw-speed-cam-uk.zip and error opening 'output.csv.for.reading

so seeing as the zip file i downloaded for my garmin had something else where the uk is , i changed the file name to exactly what the program was asking for, and now i get more errors : error extracting 'pocketgps_uk pmobile.csv' from 'pgpsw-speed-cams-uk.zip.

Okay I'm obviously doing something wrong only i aint that bright. The file i download is the consolidated zone for garmin poi loader.

It also says unable to log on to gps world

Hope my explanation isn't too confusing as my head is hurting now.
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to let Ash10 do the downloading.

To initialise this, you need to log in to PGPSW using Internet Explorer (even if you usually use another browser). Then R-click the Ash10 icon and press Check Now...

If it's worked OK, you should see "Speed Camera Database Version...." in the Directories tab, in the Current Database box.

Dales.
keeny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i logged into pocketgpsworld through internet explorer however as before the option to check now is greyed out, and it still comes up unable to log in to gps world...............umm strange.

Im using windows 7 if that has any bearing on the problem
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Have you read this quote from the Ash10 Help page:

"Important note for Windows 7 and Vista users - make sure that Internet Explorer is not running in Protected Mode. There is some useful discussion regarding this here". [It gives a link to the discussion, for anyone interested].

Also, the "Check Now.." feature is only available to paying contributors to Ash10. If you're running the free version, you'll have to "force" it to check, by altering something in the Timings or Settings tab (you can always change it back again once you've got it up and running).

Dales.
keeny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feature is only available to paying contributors , how much do you have to contribute and what exactly happens, I'm assuming you donate through paypal.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donate what you think it's worth. A couple of pints? Maybe more. Not loads.

Then you need to give Ash10 a couple of days and you'll get a link to a new version which has the features unlocked.
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Paypal Donate button on the Ash10 settings screen.

In the Help file, all the extra features that are activated for contributors are marked with an asterisk *.

Dales.
keeny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the help guys i now have the full version, only do you think i can get the liz voice to work..........no way.

Before i would just download and unzip the speed cam database into a folder, then i would unzip the voice's and they would slot themselves into or under each alert, now when i do it with ash10 liz voices they just stay at the bottom of the folder and don't integrate as it were.

So is there a tutorial any where i can follow ?
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have to find out if the names of the files are correct as Ash did change the format of naming to cover the european cameras which can sit in with the uk cameras .

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The order they appear in File Manager doesn't matter. It's just sorting the files into alphabetical order and isn't doing anything even resembling "integraing" the files.

However are you using the same voice files you used before?

If so you need to get one of the voice packs that have Ash10 Camera Manager in the title. The fact they sit at the bottom of the screen would indicate you are using the wrong voice pack. You'll notice the voice file names don't match the CSV and BMP files created by Ash10 Camera Manager. The voice files must match the CSV and BMP filenames exactly, hence they sorted (or "integrated") themselves into alphabetical order before.

You need the voice pack called "ASH10 Camera Manager Version
UK (MPH) Voice Set"

You also need to make sure Camera Manager is set to produce CSV and BMP files with the matching names, which i think is "Sort by Camera Type and Speed Limit" on the Settings page.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
You need the voice pack called "ASH10 Camera Manager Version
UK (MPH) Voice Set"

You also need to make sure Camera Manager is set to produce CSV and BMP files with the matching names, which i think is "Sort by Camera Type and Speed Limit" on the Settings page.

Camera Manager 3.0 supports nearly 400 different speed camera warnings - if you use the standard PGPSW voices, you'll risk losing a lot of the fine-grain functionality (particularly the directional warnings).

On the CM help page, there's a download link for the CM3 voice pack - which expands to create all the supported warning phrases.

(Edited to add that better integration of this voice pack is something I'm working towards for the next release...)
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On the CM help page, there's a download link for the CM3 voice pack - which expands to create all the supported warning phrases.

Ah yes, sorry. Forgot about that. Been some time since i used it...
rinkrat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Have downloaded ash10 camera manager and a file is downloading to my Garmin Store File. I have also downloaded the voice files on ash10 camera manager help page. Using make warnings.exe i have the added these created files to the Garmin Store folder where POI Uploader takes the files from. When I run poi uploader all steps work until the final bit "initialising transfer" does not seem to start or finish.

Am I using the incorrect PGPSW speed cam file as download as there appears to be more than 1.

Any help would be great thanks

Tony
keeny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you stick the sox.exe file into your main Drive c:garmin folder on your pc ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 60 of 77

Jump to: