Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
have made a donation but not sure if/what happens to get the features unlocked,

You'll get an email from Ash10 but give it a day or two.

Quote:
Also, as and when I get it running, if I want to use the voice files for camera description, do I place the wav files in the POI on the device or is the POI on the SD card sufficient? When I update the speed camera POI's on the SD card, then insert the card it transfers the POI files to the device but not the wav files.

First of all not all versions of POILoader support WAV files. If you have one that does then you need to put the wav files in the folder with the speed cameras and then send the lot to the unit with POILoader. You are using POILoader aren't you?
keefnet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul.

Thanks for the quick reply - I have been impatient Embarassed

Yep, using the POI loader. I'll try that out.

POI Loader error --- Unable to convert .wav file to the proper format, therefore the audio file will not be transferred to your GPS device.

I have a Garmin 760T. Do you think this is possible, maybe need a different audio format for the files or a different POI Loader?

Thanks again.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the latest version, however it is more usual to use mp3 format files rather than wavs....

POILoader is here

Make sure the filenames match the file you want to use the alert for.

ie.
GATSO.csv
GATSO.bmp
GATSO.mp3
Mobile.csv
Mobile.bmp
Mobile.mp3
etc

Then upload them all to your Nuvi. It may take longer than normal and may say it's not responding. Just leave it until it says it's finished.
keefnet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. As the POI Loader was also complaining it couldn't find sox.exe in the Program Files/Garmin folder, I googled for some mroe info and found the following link;

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sox/

Downloaded the sox program to allow POI Loader to convert the wav voice files as necessary.

Used POI Loader and it now doesn;t complain although the POI file it created on the SD card is about the same size as before so I suspect for some reason, it hasn't incorporated the sound files. Maybe I'll work it out soon, will keep trying until I do..... maybe I need to first use the Camera Manager to create the custom file that includes camera and speed, then POI Loader will detect that and include the audio files. I'll wait for the unlocked version to try it out.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,
Keefnet
keefnet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the updated unlocked version, thanks Ash10 Very Happy

Installed the voice file updates to the POI directory with the Camera Manager files in my temp folder; Sort by camera and speed limit, and seperate out Approach and Overspeed warnings.

Ash10, I used your updated voice WAV files as per your link you sent me.

I have installed the sox audio converter in the ProgFiles/Garmin directory where the POI LOader is installed.

I then run the POI Loader and it runs without a problem...... note: before I put the sox files in there it did error/complain it couldn't find sox... so I assume it was trying to convert the audio files but couldn't.

So, the question now is, should the Garmin 760 be bale to quote the audio files that are camera specific? I would have thought so as it has the audio capability to read street names so it's up there with capability. I hope so and I am doing something wrong, maybe missing something.

Anyone else got the voice warnings for speed cameras working on Garmin 760?

Thanks folks.
keefnet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed the issue; found the Garmin compatible voice files on PocketGPSWORLD i.e MP3 rather than WAV's.

Working now Cool

Cheers.

~Keefnet Very Happy
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camera Manager v2.6 is now available - download link as before/below.

See the helpfile (right-click icon, Help...) for what's new... Wink
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the latest 2.6 version. I want to use it to import the full european gatsos into my Garmin 550.

So, I downloaded the european maps and unzipped them into a new directory. Ended up with some CSV and BMP files.

Started Camera manager and pointed it at the new directory. Clicked 'apply'. It hummed away for a while and then created a new zip file and some GPX files with all the UK (not EUR) names.

Is this a bug somewhere, am I doing it wrong or can it only deal with UK based files?

thanks

Alan
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_sh wrote:
Got the latest 2.6 version. I want to use it to import the full european gatsos into my Garmin 550.

So, I downloaded the european maps and unzipped them into a new directory. Ended up with some CSV and BMP files.

Started Camera manager and pointed it at the new directory. Clicked 'apply'. It hummed away for a while and then created a new zip file and some GPX files with all the UK (not EUR) names.

Is this a bug somewhere, am I doing it wrong or can it only deal with UK based files?

Camera Manager only works with the UK database for the moment - I'm still working on a satisfactory method to handle both mph and kmph.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Also it downloads it's own copy of the database and then transforms it into the files you need depending on your selected options. It doesn't look at whats in the specified folder and work it's magic on the files there. The specified folder is just where you want the files to appear.

Remove all the files in the folder and change a setting or two and then hit apply. New files will appear from "nowhere".
jagx400
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using camera manager 2.6 and it is saying that it has expired, I have posted elsewhere and am told there is a later version (V2.6) but that is the version I am using.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a good look through the whole thread - I'm not sure, but I vaguely remember this query coming up a long time ago.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagx400 wrote:
I am using camera manager 2.6 and it is saying that it has expired, I have posted elsewhere and am told there is a later version (V2.6) but that is the version I am using.

I suspect that you're using 2.6 beta, in which case you will need to download the latest 2.6 release version.
jagx400
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was the Beta version Ash, I donated to the previous version am I still eligable for the new full version, I changed my email addy not so long back, I sent you the new one but just in case I will resend it to you in a PM, By the way if you require a further donation no problem the software is well worth it.
adrianmol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I’ve started using Ash10's Camera Manager software to upload cameras and mp3 voice files to my Nuvi360. I have a couple of questions.

I am uploading 13,500 UK camera sites but POI loader installs 27,000 sites. E.g. If I go in to Where to, My Locations, Custom POI’s, All Categories I can see MOBILE:16849 and MOBILE:16849#70. Every camera site is duplicated this way. I have tried removing the GPX files from the download folder and refreshing them. I always remove the POI’s using POI loader before I install new files. I’ve also tried reloading POI’s using different options with the POI Loader but it makes no difference. This means every camera has 2 alerts. Am I doing something wrong?

Secondly I like to listen to MP3’s on my Nuvi. These used to be interrupted by the “Ping”,”Ping” and a visual camera warning. Now I am using mp3 camera voice alerts the Nuvi unit just interrupts the mp3 music I am listening to and randomly switches to the next mp3 music track. So I don’t get the “Warning Gatso 70” voice alert I have uploaded. If I switch the Nuvi mp3 player off the desired warning is played. Is this a general issue or is there a fix?

Thanks

adrianmol

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 39 of 77

Jump to: