Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Version 2.24 and IPAQ 5550 hanging
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Version 2.24 and IPAQ 5550 hanging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Version 2.24 and IPAQ 5550 hanging Reply with quote

Having used tom tom without problem on my trusty ipaq 3870 and i am wondering if anyone has had any experience of running TTN ver2 with a IPAQ 5550. Since i have upgraded my pda to the 5550 (with mobile 2003) I seem to be getting the odd annoying freeze when using TTN 2.

I am running the latest version of TTN and latest rom on the PDA.

I have rebuilt the PDA (hard reset) twice and now have the minimum software installed (NO GPS ASSIST ETC, which dosent seem to work well with 2003 anyway)

Anyone else getting this problem?
Jerry70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Yes, I do Reply with quote

I encounter the same freezing problems with my new IPAQ1940, latest version of TTN2 and tons of MB available. Dave, from the Pocketgps team, just gave me some suggestions (e.g. re-format the SD card). For further info on this problem, see my topic "Problems with TTN2+IPAQ1940". I also wrote twice to TT customer support, still awating response.
Let me know wheter you're experiencing the same malfunctioning, which I mentioned in my post.

Bye
Jerry, Milan
mstockha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: 5555 freezing Reply with quote

My initial install gave me the same results, lots of freezing, it was a worse setup than on my 3630!

It now runs a lot better, although if I said it was 100% I would be lying, when is 2.25 coming?

I hard reset the ipaq, reinstalled, fomatted the SD card with the largest block size. I also run battery pack 2003 which tends to close rather than hide other apps, as Nav 2 does not play nicely with other apps (even with 128 meg of memory!)

I can now run Nav2, checkpoint and it all works rather well, although trafcam does not seem to run alongside very well.

It sounds like we have similar configurations. let me know how you get on and I will see if I can help you out further, as you have spent a pile of cash on the ipaq! 8O

ipaq 3630, Pretec CF GPS, Ipaq 5550 Fortuna Slim GPS, TTNAV 5.10 w traffic , SPV C500
Jerry70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Another attempt of mine... Reply with quote

Hi all,
Hi Mstockha

This evening I'll try to format my SD card again. Which FAT did you use, 16 or 32?
And, what you mean "run battery pack 2003"? Can you please be clearer?

I hope you can help me further, as I'm quite fed up with this hellish software, it's an agony!

Thanx
Jerry
Milan, Italy
mstockha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Answers to questions Reply with quote

OK, you are from Milano, nice place, my companys European head office is there.

Battery Pack 2003 is from Omega software (its $20 but worth it)

http://www.omegaone.com/

Fat 32 with the biggest size available in Storage tools from softwinter

http://www.softwinter.com/storagetools.html

Other than that I seem to have most of the options switched on, its a bit slow sometimes, but I guess we will have to wait for some 400mhz optimised code at some point (soon, please)

Let me know how things go.

Ciao

Mark
Jerry70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Failure Reply with quote

Ciao Mark,

thank you for your suggestions, but they did not produce any benefit.
Furthermore the FAT32 with 32kb cluster makes my IPAQ more unstable (if possible...) than before.
I feel like a beta-tester for TomTom.....

I'll keep you informed... the night is long.

Jerry
Milan, Italy
naza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 5555 freezing Reply with quote

mstockha wrote:
My initial install gave me the same results, lots of freezing, it was a worse setup than on my 3630!

It now runs a lot better, although if I said it was 100% I would be lying, when is 2.25 coming?

I hard reset the ipaq, reinstalled, fomatted the SD card with the largest block size. I also run battery pack 2003 which tends to close rather than hide other apps, as Nav 2 does not play nicely with other apps (even with 128 meg of memory!)

I can now run Nav2, checkpoint and it all works rather well, although trafcam does not seem to run alongside very well.

It sounds like we have similar configurations. let me know how you get on and I will see if I can help you out further, as you have spent a pile of cash on the ipaq! 8O

As per my post elsewhere on the forum I hope im not speaking to soon but i have tooday switched off bluetooth (which i normally leave on and it does seem to have improved matters with not a single freeze so far!!!!! I intend to continue to run the PDA with only TTN2 running with all wirless off until im confident that its not going to freeze again. Will keep informed.

I would stress however my 3870 was find with bluetooth on all the time with no freezing.

Neil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: