Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which sat nav - baffled
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which sat nav - baffled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anarchyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Which sat nav - baffled Reply with quote

Smile Hi people

Im new to the sat nav thing & on here but reading upon different comments on the different sat nav systems there seems to be pros and cons with everyone of them.

Im consdering on buying the following as a top 3

Tom Tom 510
Garmin NUVI 310d/350/360
Mio C710

Any ideas on which one to go for, basically i want a good solid unit that gets me from A to B, simple to use, additional benefits like TMC would be nice. One thing is (and i dont know if this works with these units) i have a MP3 CD player in my car & would like that to either MUTE or tone down the MP3 that is playing so i can hear the voice guidance, is this possible on any of these 3 units.
anarchyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: which sat nav Reply with quote

hmm yet again so many views yet people cant respond to my query, is it really that difficult? Laughing Out Loud
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

out of the 3 id go for the c710 and the or the nuvi 310. non of the units will mute the radio as far i know this hasnt been implimented on any units

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
anarchyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Thanks alix for the reply, appreciate it i just got one back from Sallyann on here too and it sounds as though the Mio C710 is the one to go for like. The reason im asking is where i work we sell the Tom Tom's and the NUVI range & the deal is i could buy a NUVI 310 (not NUVI 310d version) with windscreen mount and ac charger for like 300 quid but then i could spend a little more n get the C710, hmmm
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an option to "Mute Car Radio" on the Go-910 and Go-510 devices. but I cannot see any way to bring the signal out of the unit to use this setting. Short of dismantling the mount and getting the soldering iron out! unless TomTom/ third party suppliers have plans to bring out a different mount that can use the functionality that is built in to the software - Mike
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: which sat nav Reply with quote

anarchyuk wrote:
hmm yet again so many views yet people cant respond to my query, is it really that difficult? Laughing Out Loud

It has been up for less than 3 hours on a hot sunny Sunday. We don't hang about waiting for you on the off chance you know. Patience is a virtue. Smile

Your question is very difficult to answer because we don't know what you want to use your sat nav for. There might be one killer "must have" that you want but we can't mind read.

In reality they are all good units and will all do most of what most people want. You will find people on this forum that will swear by any one of them and tell you the other two are rubbish.

The only way I know to mute the car radio is to have a PDA phone based unit like my Ipaq and combine it with a Parrot CK3300 or 3400 combined car kit and sat nav receiver. Then all the sat nav instructions come through the car audio.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: