Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Different Maps?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Different Maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bloxy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Different Maps? Reply with quote

I see the new TomTom One Europe has Navteq maps that include Ireland yet if I want to purchase the Maps of Europe I get the inferior version from TeleAtlas without Ireland. I assume that if you bought the Regional version of the One and then wanted to increase your map coverage you would have to downgrade to the inferior maps, crazy.

I don,t need a new unit, I have a Go 500 with an installed permanent docking kit that works just fine so why can't I buy the One version of the Europe map for my Go 500?

Strange company TomTom.
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inferior version from teleatlas?

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...........a little biased are you?

For your information, the new TT One V2 GB includes Northern and Southern Ireland to street level.

Also, your TomTom maps, like all TT products can be updated to the latest versions. The version available for that TT may not (yet) be the latest that other products have but eventually will be.

Steve
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomo wrote:
For your information, the new TT One V2 GB includes Northern and Southern Ireland to street level.

And that is a TeleAtlas map, not Navteq. Only the European map on the One NE is from Navteq.
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TuurG wrote:
Tomo wrote:

And that is a TeleAtlas map, not Navteq. Only the European map on the One NE is from Navteq.

I was impressed with the Autoroute 2006 (Navteq) mapping when I bought that a few months ago, had many roads on but not quite street level but the Teleatlas mapping in the TT1 GB is even better than that!!

Steve
bloxy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is Tom Tom have the most up to date and detailed map available in the Navteq version on the latest One but that map is not available to owners of other models.

The latst Europe map that you can buy is an out of date TeleATLAS version that doesn't include Ireland.

My solution has had to be to buy AA Navigator (latest Navteq maps) software to run on my Ipaq when in Ireland and not use my permanently docked Go500 Had tomTom made the better maps availble for purchase I would have gone with them.
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT DOES INCLUDE IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bloxy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are missing the point.

The Europe (and GB) map supplied with the One is by Navteq and includes full mapping of Ireland.

If you buy the SD card upgrade for the latest map of Europe it is the Teleatlas version that doesn't include Ireland exept for some major roads.

I don't want to buy a One, I just want to buy a map that includes full mapping of Irelandto use with my Go500.

The version supplied by AA software has mapping down to single track unmetaled roads!
bloxy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify the last post here is TomTom's page for the maps of Europe
http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessory.php?ID=168&Product=72&Category=&Lid=1&Tab=2
trog100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just received the new western europe map on the s/d card from the tom tom site..

tom tom dont seem to know what they are selling.. the site quite clearly shows no southern ireland coverage but its on the map i have received..

at first thought i must have the tom tom one navteq map.. but no its definirely a teleatlas map.. ver. 650.104..

before u pair come to blows it seems u are both correct.. he he..

its also seamless and comes on a 1 gig card.. so its seems teleatlas now do ireland even thow tom tom seem unaware of this.. he he

trog
trog100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now of course comes the big debate.. which W/E map is the best.. the navteq which comes on the one or the teleatlas (with ireland) which seems to come for the rider and 300/500/700..

not sure what folks with the later x10 series get he he..

trog

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: