Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI'S on Transflash (Micro SD Card)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI'S on Transflash (Micro SD Card)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoff47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: POI'S on Transflash (Micro SD Card) Reply with quote

Wonder if someone can advise please..
I have new Garmin I3 (V2.70) and have purchased Sandisk Micro SD Card, as I understood you can put extra POI'S onto card.(??)
Garmin I3 and POI Loader only seem to recognise the built -in memory, and have manually put POI'S onto card , but Garmin does not show extra Poi's on Card Question at all, even after reset of Garmin.
Any ideas would be appreciated,
Many thanks,
Geoff47
UK
Beerbellybill999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure I saw this in another tread. When you use the loader you select the SD card rather than the i3 itself.

I hope this helps
geoff47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re Micro SD Card Reply with quote

Thanks Bill...
Loaded Micro SD Card into SD Adapter, then to Card Reader, opened POI Loader and transferred all POI'S successfully.
Garmin I3 stores them under "Custom" (and is is a .GPI extension file.)
Thanks again for your help,
Geoff47
:D
wherethehellarewe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done the same as geoff47 but I cant find a folder called 'custom' Ive checked the POI's and camera files are showing on the SD card but I cant seem to access then when the card is in the i3. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?
Thanks in advance
geoff47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: POI'S on Micro SD Card Reply with quote

Hello,
Hope you won't mind me just emphasing what I did..
Put the Micro/SD Card into my PC Line SD Card Reader, then plugged Reader USB Cable to Front USB Port on PC.
Opened "POI Loader " Prog, which then auto detected Card Reader, and showed "Removable Disk (e:\)" on the Drop Down menu on Poi Loader Prog.
Thereafter , go through steps, directing POI Loader to where your POI/Speed Camera file is stored, then finish process.
If you however put Micro SD Card into Garmin I3, and do as above, it will not show any Custom Points on the Garmin.
Hope this clarifies things,
All the best,
Geoff47
wherethehellarewe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the step by step guide geoff47. I had been doing exactly as you said but for some reason the files werent appearing on the i3 ! As it happens I was using the wrong application to try and load the files. When I plug the i3 into the PC an application called 'gstart' loads up, this wasnt giving me the option to load files to the SD card. Originally I had dragged and dropped the files from my POI directory to the card thinking that would do the trick Rolling Eyes When I looked in 'start' - 'All Programs' - 'Garmin' I found the POI loader, I started that up and it gave me the option of loading to the external drive. All is now good with the world (until next time) :D
Thanks for the help
uk_carl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m having the same problem with a newer I3 I got from comet today (£99.99). I have a card reader but no adapter. I’m using an older version of POI Loader due to the problems with the latest version.

First thing I did was downgrade from V3.0 to V2.7. Another thing I've noticed about the newer one is the Audio is version V2.5 and not V2.0.

Is there a way to load them to the card and not the internal memory with POI loader without using a card reader?

Thx

Carl.
uk_carl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've managed to get around it.

I have an older I3 which is one of the first ones without the internal memory.

I turned that on without the memory card then once it loaded I put the memory card in and loaded PIOLoader which loaded them to the memory card and put it back into the newer I3.

I've loaded the GarminPIOs.zip to the memory card and the speed camera database to the internal memory.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: