Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 3450 with Brodit mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 3450 with Brodit mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris_Warks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Navman 3450 with Brodit mount Reply with quote

I've recently purchased a Navman 3450 to go with my iPAQ PDA.

The Navman itself is brilliant - but shame about the windscreen mount. It rattles, is a total disaster when hooked into the 12 volt adaptor (it loses any stability it ever had!) and the suction mount falls off the widscreen as soon as you go over a bump!

How do Navman get away with distributing such sub-standard kit? I read a review on this site whcih said that the windscreen mount is now improved. DON'T BELIEVE IT !

Now for my problem. Ive been looking at the Brodit mounting solution. It seems to get rave reviews, but I'm not convinced about mounting it in front of the the dashboard vent. Surely that blocks the air from the vent? And doesnt the unit get too hot? Does anyone have experience of such a mount? I'm driving a Jag S Type (2000 model year).

As an alternative can anyone tell me please whether a console mount is likely to work, or would that be too far from the windscreen to get a signal? I don't really want to have to fit a separate aerial.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The console mount is a non-starter for a Navman Jacket as the siagnal will be far to weak to get a fix in that location.

I have mine mounted on a Brodit mount in front of the air vent on my X-Type and it's fine, yes it does block the vent but I haven't had any problem with that, still plenty of air flow through the three other dash vents and heat is not a problem. You could always purchase a LHD ProClip which would allow you to keep the drivers side center air vent unobstructed?

FWIW I have two mounts obscuring both vents and still had sufficient airflow during this summer Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: