Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ICN 530 wish list and minor bugs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ICN 530 wish list and minor bugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evian02
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: ICN 530 wish list and minor bugs Reply with quote

I'm a systems tester at a large IT company, and have been using ICN 530 for about a month now. I think it's a very good in-car GPS product that has the edge over other similar products by a very narrow margin. I would have rated it excellent if the following were included/fixed:

1 - GPS receiver and response is excellent, however, the positioning on the maps is out-of-alignment by about 25ft (this may be only on my unit).

2 - Speed warning indicator is not synchronised with actual speed. When you set the warning at 80mph, you get a warning that says 75mph when you go over 80.

3 - Autozoom zooms out too far even when travelling at 30mph, making objects little and a bit difficult to see.

4 - To route 'via' option would be most welcome, similar to the one at the RAC routeplanner site. There is 'Multi-trip' option, but it's not the same as a 'via' feature.

5 - Power/usb socket is at a too low position at the side of the unit, preventing the unit to rest on top of the dashboard when the power is connected to a cigarette lighter.

6 - POIs are not really up to date, with missing petrol station and parking locations.

That's all for now. If I find any more, I'll keep the forum posted. All of above are not showstoppers, but if they're corrected/implemented, that would make the ICN 530 the best of the best, and enable me to recommend this to my colleagues within mentioning the bugs Smile
Take care all.
Stanley_Tweedle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm finding really odd is that the routing preferences bars on the 530 seem to make no difference whatsoever to the route chosen. Can anyone else confirm?
evian02
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what I though at first. But when you start experimenting with different routes and destinations, it does seem to take different routes.

I guess it depends on the available routes between two points in terms of A-roads, B-roads and motorways.

For example, I travel between Bromley and Martlesham. If I leave the default setting (Quickest - Preference for motorways at 1 less than max - Preference for urban roads at max), it routes me via (B26),(A20),(M25),(A12).
If I change the setting to: Quickest - Preference for motorways at max - Preference for urban roads at 1 less than max, then it routes me via (A232),(A21),(M25),(A12).
Changing the settings further will switch between the two routes mentioned above.
The only other time it will alter the route is when you set to: Quickest - Preference for motorways at min less often - Preference for urban roads at max, in which case routes me via (B265),(A21),(B265),(A222),(A20).
Sunnygjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, changing the routing preferences DOES make a difference ( but not massively so), ie I planned a route from Kent into Somerset which initially used the M5. I changed the preferences and it took me down the A303 (I think !).
All in all the 530 is a good bit of kit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: